Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring Heartland Lights???

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 11:02 AM
kylant
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Heartland Lights???

For those of you that have installed Heartland run, brake, turn lights, how did you do it?

how do they wire into the wiring block.

specifically for those who have done it on a rocker, what did you do? our lights have six wires, that go into 4 pins in the block. the heartland lights have 3 wires. how did you make it work?

thanks for the help

Old 01-13-2009, 11:14 AM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quite easy really..2 ways you can pull the rear wiring loom plug out and then cut the wires in question and splice them together, or you can go to your dealers and buy the plug and crimp your wires to it (im still looking for correct tool to do this does anybody know) then just plug back in.
The colouring on the Heartland wire does not corrospond with the colouring of wires on the Harley..i can give you corrosponding colours if no one else does...
If you are still stuck i can take piccys or have a look tomorrow for colour matching.

Last edited by hogdiver96; 01-13-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:57 AM
kylant
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hogdiver96
Quite easy really..2 ways you can pull the rear wiring loom plug out and then cut the wires in question and splice them together, or you can go to your dealers and buy the plug and crimp your wires to it (im still looking for correct tool to do this does anybody know) then just plug back in.
The colouring on the Heartland wire does not corrospond with the colouring of wires on the Harley..i can give you corrosonding colours if no one else does...
If you are still stuck i can take piccys or have a look tomorrow for colour matching.

i don't think it is that easy. the stock rocker lights, each have six wires. those six wires go into 4 pins on the wiring block (2 on each light are crimped together)

each heartland light has 3 wires. how do you make 3 wires plug into 4? what pins would these wires go into on the wiring block?

Old 01-13-2009, 12:00 PM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by kylant
i don't think it is that easy. the stock rocker lights, each have six wires. those six wires go into 4 pins on the wiring block (2 on each light are crimped together)

each heartland light has 3 wires. how do you make 3 wires plug into 4? what pins would these wires go into on the wiring block?
Yeah is that easy ..there are also wires for rear light and plate illuminator on your stock set up! oh and 2 earth wires...i cant give you any colour code-ing as its late at night here but if no-one else does i will do it for you tomorrow

Old 01-13-2009, 12:04 PM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior

did i mention the block i am talking about is under seat and not the one in-side stock rear light ??

Old 01-13-2009, 12:08 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

your rear lights have three colored wires...black,red and orange...put your red and orange together...the pig tail from the bike(battery) has 4 colored wires...red,white,green and black...you will no longer need the red and white wires...connect the green wire to the red and orange wires from the light...and of course both black together...you have two sets of wires like this...one left side and one right side...do the other side just like the first one....your other set of wires you have left are for your plate light ..those are easy...red and a black one...hook black wire to your ground wire on your plate light the hot wire...red to the other wire....you just have to figure out which light is for left or right before you mount them by trying the turn signals....when I ordred my heartland they also said I would need a illuminator module to go between the plug from the battery and the pigtail coming from your lights...I have sent a picture of the one I put on mine...its from badlands...if you didn't get one from heartland you will need this to make their lights work on the rocker...sounds complicated but it really isn't

Attached Thumbnails Wiring Heartland Lights???-badlands.jpg  
Old 01-13-2009, 12:14 PM
kylant
Road Captain

yes, i am talking about the block under the seat. the only wires going into this block are the 2 from the plate lights, and 6 from each tail light.

i have already dealt with the plate lights. that was easy, they only use 2 wires, hot and ground.

what pins on the block would these heartland lights go into?

is your bike the same, being it is a european bike? don't you have a seperate brake light?
my bike has led turn, run, and brake lights. only 2

Old 01-13-2009, 12:16 PM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior

Heartland say in their blurb that you dont need the thinggy you are talking about above if that is for the led lights....

Old 01-13-2009, 12:20 PM
kylant
Road Captain

Originally Posted by tomhummer
your rear lights have three colored wires...black,red and orange...put your red and orange together...the pig tail from the bike(battery) has 4 colored wires...red,white,green and black...you will no longer need the red and white wires...connect the green wire to the red and orange wires from the light...and of course both black together...you have two sets of wires like this...one left side and one right side...do the other side just like the first one....your other set of wires you have left are for your plate light ..those are easy...red and a black one...hook black wire to your ground wire on your plate light the hot wire...red to the other wire....you just have to figure out which light is for left or right before you mount them by trying the turn signals....when I ordred my heartland they also said I would need a illuminator module to go between the plug from the battery and the pigtail coming from your lights...I have sent a picture of the one I put on mine...its from badlands...if you didn't get one from heartland you will need this to make their lights work on the rocker...sounds complicated but it really isn't
so did you cut the stock wire lights back from the block in order to make this "pigtail"
my lights have six wires. 2 red, 2 black, 1 green, 1 white. the 2 black and 2 red are crimped together and go into 1 pin on the block. the others just go into pins (4 pins total)

thanks

Old 01-13-2009, 12:26 PM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior

Can we clarify what lights you are talking about?? do you mean the turn signal/running lights ??? mine have 3 wires each..black...orange ...yellow

Quick Reply: Wiring Heartland Lights???