Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring Heartland Lights???

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 04:03 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hogdiver96
Can we clarify what lights you are talking about?? do you mean the turn signal/running lights ??? mine have 3 wires each..black...orange ...yellow
ok now you guys lost me i just installed a heartland kit also now im gonna do the lights.....................kinda confuzed cuz i have an 07 NT with the tribar taillight and everything plugs into it..........do i have to take the block out of the tri bar and split everything off that.............can someone post pics of how they split everything off that plug under the seat..................that would be kick *** thanx

Old 01-13-2009, 05:34 PM
kylant
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can we clarify what lights you are talking about?? do you mean the turn signal/running lights ??? mine have 3 wires each..black...orange ...yellow
my bike has two tailights. Both are run,turn, and signal. The heartland lights I am talking about are for the rear. Those have orange, red and black wires

Old 01-13-2009, 05:47 PM
j33ptj
Road Warrior
Received 115 Likes on 81 Posts

The European versions (or perhaps all export versions) of the Rocker have three rear facing lights, two indicator lights (amber) and one run/brake light mounted center on the fender.

If you install the heartland conversion for the export versions you loose the run/brake light. so either you will have to modify the sidelights to include run/brake with turn (which is illegal in the Netherlands, don't know about UK) or you will have to add a new center run/brake light.

I am doing the last with a LED array, will post pictures when its ready...

Old 01-14-2009, 11:24 AM
kylant
Road Captain

anyone else have ideas?

Old 01-14-2009, 11:38 AM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok lets start again did you buy Heartlands usa "HEARTLANDER REAR FENDER WITH TAIL LIGHT" as opposed to just a heartland rear fender without a tail light ?????? if not im totally confused now

Old 01-14-2009, 11:45 AM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior

J33PTJ we cant use running lights in the UK either ..in fact i did not even understand what a running light was until these HEARTLAND indicators/turn signals arrived.mine had running light wires on but i just cut them off..i also put HEARTLAND lighted sidemount plate on mine....i suspect KYLANT has got built in rear light on his rear fender "HEARTLANDER"

Old 01-14-2009, 12:07 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the rocker conversion kit and their lights put on mine...did all the work myself...based on my bike and wiring system i needed the illuminator to make the lights work on my 09 rocker...that being said I'm not sure what your wiring is like on your bike...hope you get it figured out

Old 01-14-2009, 12:52 PM
kylant
Road Captain

all i have is the lights, medium billet tears.

i called heartland, they said i have to use an illuminator, like tomhummer had to. they sent me the pdf of the instructions.

i am just curious if there is a way to wire them without using the illuminator? that thing is $120

Old 01-14-2009, 01:04 PM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by kylant
all i have is the lights, medium billet tears.

i called heartland, they said i have to use an illuminator, like tomhummer had to. they sent me the pdf of the instructions.

i am just curious if there is a way to wire them without using the illuminator? that thing is $120
well now i am confused because Heartland told me in writing (still have it) that you dont need illuminator

Old 01-14-2009, 01:29 PM
kylant
Road Captain

well now i am confused because Heartland told me in writing (still have it) that you dont need illuminator
maybe the difference is the euro bikes vs states bikes. my bike only has 2 lights on the rear. doesn't your have 3?

Quick Reply: Wiring Heartland Lights???