Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tur signal flashing fast

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 12:51 PM
UT Harley Rider
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tur signal flashing fast

I have a 2008 Softail Custom and since the snow is on the ground and weather is not great for riding I figured I would do some upgrades to the ride. I installed LEDs (front and rear to include brake), triple play module and Street Magic Signal Stabilizer from Custom Dynamics. The problem I had was that my turn signal indicator lights and my security system light on my tank display stays illuminated when the bike is running. So the troubleshooting began:

1. I called CD and they had not experienced this problem before.
2. I removed the triple play and had the same problem
3. I removed the triple play and the signal stabilizer and the problem still remained.
4. I re-installed my stock bulbs and now my left turn signal (with bike running) flashes very fast.

Any ideas?

Old 01-11-2009, 01:05 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

Some where in the Rewireing I Had same problem when Change my Rear Lights.... DAH Computer gets Mixed up
all the books said I couldn't do it
But if you keep playin with the wires different hookups
you can Fool DUH Computer.........Good--Luck

Old 01-11-2009, 01:05 PM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

Sounds like somethings shorted out. If you have the tools to troubleshoot that I would look there.
If you know for sure that's not the case then +1 dennyo

Old 01-11-2009, 01:10 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I assume that signal thing is the load equalizer. Now that you have put everything back the way it was, it still doesn't work right? Have you disconnected your battery, after you put every thing back to stock? If not, you should try a momentary disconnect, of your bike's battery. This may reset your ECM.
I put LED rear signals and a Biketronics Tailbones signal converter, on my bike ,without using a load equalizer. The add in the J&P catalog made it sound like I didn't need one. After I had hooked everything and before starting up the bike, I called Biketronics and they said that J&P had the words in the add wrong.
They suggested I try a momentary disconnect of the bike's battery, then hit each signal for about 5 seconds. They said the signals may start blinking fast, then slow to normal because the ECM had some adjustment and may adjust enough for them. I did as told and everything worked fine.
Tom