Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drag bar question......

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 11:29 AM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default drag bar question......

.....anyone have any feedback on which bars are better built...am looking into buying either carlini's original t bars or wild1 drag bars for my rocker...they basically have the same look...but carlini does offer a 1.5..question is which company is better known for it's quality in their product...your thoughts are appreciated

Old 01-11-2009, 11:47 AM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

Which is considered better? I don't know.

But I looked at both and if you don't mind me offering my opinion... I like the
Carlini 1.50 T-bar and they'd look great on your bike.

Which do you prefer? And, is one considerbly better priced then the other?
(I didn't check).

Old 01-11-2009, 01:19 PM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm pretty sure both are good brands in terms of quality. I have the Wild 1 Chubbys.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm in the same boat as you brother. i'm gonna make the switch soon, the HD drag bars that i have on my ride don't do anything for me (i actually hate them now) lol. I'm looking at the same bars you are and what i'm gonna do is go with the better deal pice wise.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:30 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,297 Likes on 484 Posts

Mine are the best quality. Made from either 304 or 316 stainless steel, polished to a chrome-like finish, or left in a satin finish, or not polished at all if'n you're going to powder or paint 'em. Drilled for internal throttle (or wiring for the timid souls who still have that crap on their bars).

And there is only one of my drag bars in the universe.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:34 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey whats up alain...your tins back from painters yet...yeah price wise you can get $100.00 off the carlini's if you get their blems which brings it down to $200.00...and they are 1.5 which will match up to the same size as our forks...the wild1's are like $220.00 and offer no blems i believe and only in 1.25 yet they are an inch higher rises and 5 inches further pullback if you need that much...carlini's are 9" rise and 7.5 pullback,wild 1 are 10 " rise 12.5 pullback...i think i might go with the carlini's blems and mainly cause they offer the 1.5 i think it would look better to match it up with the same size as the forks...just my opinion...can't wait to see your tins mounted...be safe brother

Old 01-11-2009, 04:23 PM
jefnightrain
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you considered the big buffalos from drag specialties? They are 1.5" thick & I think alot cheaper than the Carlinis

Old 01-11-2009, 04:55 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got the Carlini Original T-Bars, 1.5" on my FXST. I love them. Got them on eBay last summer for $125.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tomhummer
hey whats up alain...your tins back from painters yet...yeah price wise you can get $100.00 off the carlini's if you get their blems which brings it down to $200.00...and they are 1.5 which will match up to the same size as our forks...the wild1's are like $220.00 and offer no blems i believe and only in 1.25 yet they are an inch higher rises and 5 inches further pullback if you need that much...carlini's are 9" rise and 7.5 pullback,wild 1 are 10 " rise 12.5 pullback...i think i might go with the carlini's blems and mainly cause they offer the 1.5 i think it would look better to match it up with the same size as the forks...just my opinion...can't wait to see your tins mounted...be safe brother
hey brother. i agree with you on the Carlinis, the 1.5 will definitely look better. my tins didn't even go out to paint yet believe it or not !!!! i'm still waiting for my hub set for the front wheel and waiting for the rear brake rotor to come back from Ness ( since they sent me the wrong one the first time).

so the tins haven't been test fitted on the bike yet. all the cutting and grinding is done, just waiting to mount these damn wheels on the bike to make sure everything lines up right.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:59 PM
grubby
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by pococj
Mine are the best quality. Made from either 304 or 316 stainless steel, polished to a chrome-like finish, or left in a satin finish, or not polished at all if'n you're going to powder or paint 'em. Drilled for internal throttle (or wiring for the timid souls who still have that crap on their bars).

And there is only one of my drag bars in the universe.
Yes a mate of mine made his own from stainless steel its the best way to go now days the chrome fades away in a couple years

Quick Reply: drag bar question......