Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crossbones RSD Vintage Fender Update...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009 | 11:16 AM
White Guy
|
Tourer
Default Crossbones RSD Vintage Fender Update...

Hey all,

As some of you know, I've been working on putting a Roland Sands Design 200 Vintage Fender kit on my bike. Wanted to update all of you who are interested. Well, got it all painted, and mounted it just to find out there is an offset and doesn't work. Well, I put a call into RSD, since I was told via email that it would, and they got right back to me, and are going to make it right. I guess they just found out about this issue not to long ago, and I'm pretty much the first person to call who actually bought it. Anyway, the fender looks amazing on. RSD is just going to have to take about 3/4" of bend away from the left strut, and add it to the right strut. It's gonna be another month or so, but it's coming. You bones boys are gonna want it. FYI, I've ordered another wiring harness, so I can leave the stock fender as is. 4 Strut bolts, one wire plug, and in 5 mins, you can switch from one to the other easily.. Bobber one day, ridin' the wifey the next! I'll keep you all posted.

WG

Old 01-09-2009 | 11:21 AM
WARG
Elite HDF Member

Good to hear they are making it right, can't wait to see it. I am tired of spending "way too much" money on motorcycle stuff and getting treated like it is my priviledge to buy from them. There are a few vendors out there that I have been really taken care of by and I will spread the word on them all day long, like Zanotti Motor. They have always treated me right, even replacing electrical parts from HD beyond the manufacturer's warranty.

Old 01-09-2009 | 11:42 AM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member

about dang time!
I was thinking about sending you a pm to see what was going on!

reading your post about being able to install the stock fender.... are you using the RSD struts?? did you have to cut the stock fender supports off of the chassis?

tell me more!!!

Old 01-09-2009 | 12:49 PM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member

+warg

Old 01-09-2009 | 01:44 PM
Ole Coyote
Road Master

Hey White Guy, is that rope big enough for that dog. Beautiful animal.

Old 01-09-2009 | 01:59 PM
psdj52
Tourer

Definitely keep us posted White Guy. I can't wait to see.

Old 01-09-2009 | 02:32 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member

glad they're gonna do you right

Old 01-09-2009 | 04:05 PM
Reverend
Tourer

WG - Why have you got a dog chained to your belt? Nice snake though!

Old 01-09-2009 | 05:04 PM
White Guy
|
Tourer

Seriously, it's the easiest change ever. The struts match perfectly to the frame without the inner support struts, so no cutting. You can leave both fenders bolted to their struts. It's literally 4 bolts and one plug. Of course, you need a 2nd set of blinkers. I am putting the stockers back on the duck tail rear end. I leave the sissy bar on and everything. They need to market toward bones owners.. Can't wait to show you guys.

WG

Originally Posted by Cheesecake
about dang time!
I was thinking about sending you a pm to see what was going on!

reading your post about being able to install the stock fender.... are you using the RSD struts?? did you have to cut the stock fender supports off of the chassis?

tell me more!!!

Old 01-09-2009 | 05:31 PM
White Guy
|
Tourer

This is one of my good friends dogs. He was messing with some new camera equip. and wanted to take some pics. He is a beautiful dog. My buddy buys horse leads and uses them for him!

Originally Posted by Ole Coyote
Hey White Guy, is that rope big enough for that dog. Beautiful animal.

Last edited by White Guy; 01-09-2009 at 05:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Crossbones RSD Vintage Fender Update...