Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crossbones RSD Vintage Fender Update...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009 | 10:29 AM
White Guy
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by tnharley7
WG, all I can say is WOW! That is one sweet looking bike now. Unbelievable how good that fender looks on the bones. You are the XBones trend setter. Good job.
Glad you like it.. I'm tellin you, 4 bolts and one plug and you too can have your weekend bobber! lol.. I'll take some good shots when it's all done, and show the fender switch...

WG

Old 02-05-2009 | 10:35 AM
White Guy
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by raaaaaa
I forgot!
where did you relocate the ECM?
Well, I actually did the relocation long ago when I made the leather cover. I don't think it would work with a stock/brawler style seat that sits right down on the frame, but I don't know. Here's a photo of mine relocated. I cut the back two tabs off so it had more clearance from the back fender.... Hope this helps..

WG

Old 02-05-2009 | 11:14 AM
raaaaaa
Road Master

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a power commander so I might have to put mine underneath or behind the splash guard

looking good keep up the good work

Originally Posted by White Guy
Well, I actually did the relocation long ago when I made the leather cover. I don't think it would work with a stock/brawler style seat that sits right down on the frame, but I don't know. Here's a photo of mine relocated. I cut the back two tabs off so it had more clearance from the back fender.... Hope this helps..

WG

Old 02-05-2009 | 11:41 AM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior

Took some pics of the fender on. The struts will be powerder coated black, and have heartland blinkers coming from under the last fender bolt..

We are also in the process of making a new leather battery cover that will not have the back flap. It'll just meet the fender and leave it all exposed...

Bloody cool...do you think a rear light off that sort will fit on a Heartland rear fender ? as i just know i will get pulled by the Rozzers for a side mount plate in the UK

Old 02-05-2009 | 12:04 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member

Now that is sweet, great idea, I need to check that out

Old 02-05-2009 | 12:27 PM
smokin
Cruiser
Default Rsd

WhiteGuy
Just wanted to add my 2cents
Looks great - well executed
Only made a really nice bike that much better
congrats
-Smokin'

Old 02-05-2009 | 12:53 PM
Recuerdo70
2nd Gear

That is SH*T HOT Whiteguy...as was said before, you are leading the charge w/the mods and the bike looks great.

Old 02-05-2009 | 02:34 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master

I noticed your rear tail light is different than the ones I have been looking at. the ones I have been looking at seem to have a small space for the license plate. I like yours better, where did you get it?

Old 02-05-2009 | 04:48 PM
White Guy
|
Tourer

I'm sure it's the same as mine. Out of the Drag Specialties Catalog right? I carefully cut off the small license plate mount. I had to get it stripped down to bare metal and sanded before powder coat. It's a super cheap *** light, so the chrome wouldn't hold up to powder. After it's coated, it looks real nice. I also had the ring around the tail light chromed. We also made a cover for the area that was left exposed by removing the plate mount. Basically an angled piece of stainless powder coated black that bolts on when the light is mounted. Can't even tell the plate was removed when it's all together.. I'll take some detail pics when she's all done.

Originally Posted by raaaaaa
I noticed your rear tail light is different than the ones I have been looking at. the ones I have been looking at seem to have a small space for the license plate. I like yours better, where did you get it?
P.S. Your bike is gonna look amazing when you have this rear end on. You already have the rest of the thing RSD'd out.. Let me know what ever info your need.. It's been a process.. lol! You should look into getting a spring seat conversion, so you can run that set up bobbered, and still have the other for 2 up. It'd only add a few more minutes to change everything out.. You can just use velcro for your ECU, and velcro tie it like mine when it's bobbered.. Just an idea..

WG

Last edited by White Guy; 02-05-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-05-2009 | 08:25 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master

I'm sure it's the same as mine. Out of the Drag Specialties Catalog right? I carefully cut off the small license plate mount. I had to get it stripped down to bare metal and sanded before powder coat. It's a super cheap *** light, so the chrome wouldn't hold up to powder. After it's coated, it looks real nice. I also had the ring around the tail light chromed. We also made a cover for the area that was left exposed by removing the plate mount. Basically an angled piece of stainless powder coated black that bolts on when the light is mounted. Can't even tell the plate was removed when it's all together.. I'll take some detail pics when she's all done.

P.S. Your bike is gonna look amazing when you have this rear end on. You already have the rest of the thing RSD'd out.. Let me know what ever info your need.. It's been a process.. lol! You should look into getting a spring seat conversion, so you can run that set up bobbered, and still have the other for 2 up. It'd only add a few more minutes to change everything out.. You can just use velcro for your ECU, and velcro tie it like mine when it's bobbered.. Just an idea..

WG
Yeah it was the drag one I saw...they do have a black version but being that you have to sand the plate part off no point in getting that one....I powder coated allot of parts on my bike so no big deal I will send it out

the problem is that what is left to do on my bike is tank seat and rear fender, and they cant be done one at a time because the paint scheme I plan on doing is kinda a one off, so it all has to be done at the same time.

when you do the math tins and paint it is a pretty big nut to do at once.
so I will wait to get everything dry fit it all then send it out to paint....

Quick Reply: Crossbones RSD Vintage Fender Update...