Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crossbones RSD Vintage Fender Update...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009 | 01:03 PM
White Guy
|
Tourer

UPDATE 2-3-09

Well, RSD/Performance Machine got the new struts done in about 3 weeks. I was blow away..

Last edited by White Guy; 02-05-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-03-2009 | 01:10 PM
SIXR
Banned

So much for makin it right. Couldve fabbed a custom piece in this time. Never been a fan of RSD anyways. Good luck.

Old 02-04-2009 | 08:11 PM
White Guy
|
Tourer

Took some pics of the fender on. The struts will be powerder coated black, and have heartland blinkers coming from under the last fender bolt..

We are also in the process of making a new leather battery cover that will not have the back flap. It'll just meet the fender and leave it all exposed...

Last edited by White Guy; 02-05-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 02-04-2009 | 09:06 PM
tnharley7
Road Captain

WG, all I can say is WOW! That is one sweet looking bike now. Unbelievable how good that fender looks on the bones. You are the XBones trend setter. Good job.

Old 02-04-2009 | 10:17 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master

I have been planning this for 8 months, please keep us updated. glad RSD is making it right

Old 02-04-2009 | 10:27 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master

you are lucky in 08 the struts bolt off.
it looks good, have you thought about lowering it? even though it doesn't look as high as a night train..... might not need it....

I was going to do the same tail light, is it the LED model? be careful powder coating those struts, being that they are so close to the frame if the powder coating doesn't match it will look awful. just ask the powder coater to make sure he can match the frame.....
just an observation, looks real good....
on another note I thought I read some where they don't support 08 and later bikes?

Old 02-04-2009 | 10:30 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master

I forgot!
where did you relocate the ECM?

Old 02-05-2009 | 04:15 AM
dc4stroke
Road Captain
Thumbs up Rsd

Gittin' there, gittin' there. Good luck with the powder coating.

Old 02-05-2009 | 07:28 AM
schumacher
Club Member

yeh, that doesn't look too bad at all

Old 02-05-2009 | 10:26 AM
White Guy
|
Tourer

I don't think I'm going to lower it at all. If anything, I would like to go bigger with the rims at some point, but most likely keep her like she is.. It goes down quite a bit when I'm on it. Plus, I don't really want to change the handling characteristics.

Yeah, the fact that the stock struts come off completely makes this install a lot easier, and more useful, being able to use the stock rear.

The tail light is not LED, but I plan on getting an LED bulb for it so it more closely matches the heartland blinkers.

As far as powder coating, I'd already had the first struts coated at Olympic Powder in Santa Ana, CA and the match was perfect. So need to take these babies in. I have some more fitment to do before I'm ready for that. Should be all done in about two weeks...

Now I just have to find someone who can machine down my 6-Shooter handle bar risers, and she'll be done completely.. Well, I do have a bit more pin stripping to do, but it'll be done soon!

WG

Originally Posted by raaaaaa
you are lucky in 08 the struts bolt off.
it looks good, have you thought about lowering it? even though it doesn't look as high as a night train..... might not need it....

I was going to do the same tail light, is it the LED model? be careful powder coating those struts, being that they are so close to the frame if the powder coating doesn't match it will look awful. just ask the powder coater to make sure he can match the frame.....
just an observation, looks real good....
on another note I thought I read some where they don't support 08 and later bikes?

Quick Reply: Crossbones RSD Vintage Fender Update...