Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floorboard lever extensions vs. forward controls on 2006 FLSTF

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 11:54 AM
06flstf
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floorboard lever extensions vs. forward controls on 2006 FLSTF

OK group, I have searched around the forum on these topics and read lots of post but still have lingering questions. I am torn between keeping my floorboards and extending the brake and shift levers or replacing the boards with forward controls. I am 6' and have played around with seats but would still like to stretch my legs a bit more on the controls (and get out from under the brake pedal).

Question: How much do the EZ Brake and other extended levers (HD, KY, etc.) move the brake pedal forward on the 2006 Softail boards? Evidently HD changed the setup on 2002 and newer Softails and the extensions are not as effective as on pre 2002 models.

Thanks,

Mike

Old 01-07-2009, 01:18 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 06flstf
OK group, I have searched around the forum on these topics and read lots of post but still have lingering questions. I am torn between keeping my floorboards and extending the brake and shift levers or replacing the boards with forward controls. I am 6' and have played around with seats but would still like to stretch my legs a bit more on the controls (and get out from under the brake pedal).

Question: How much do the EZ Brake and other extended levers (HD, KY, etc.) move the brake pedal forward on the 2006 Softail boards? Evidently HD changed the setup on 2002 and newer Softails and the extensions are not as effective as on pre 2002 models.

Thanks,

Mike

Don´t waste your time n´money on EZ-chit (which I purchased) and still have leg problems, get forward controls and loose the boards. I´m 6´3" and moved the boards forward with the HD´s kit, put the EZ brake pedal... nothing.
I need forward extended (3") controls, period. But needless to say I need to save a little $ to get nice ones, I would have to loose the engine guard and some other goodies.

Mimo.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:26 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Im 6'3' and went with the HD forward floorboards (they say they only fit touring but bolted rigt on my fatboy) and Walters Workshop extended brake and shifter worked well for me.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:33 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

hmmmm... perhaps then I should loose an inch or two on the high heels

Mimo.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:50 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There are a couple of ways to move the floorboards forward. As XARAN said, you can buy the HD extended rider floorboards and move them forward about 2".

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ease-read.html

Cycle Visions also sells a kit that moves the floorboards forward 2" as well. Both methods can be used together to get about 4" of forward movement.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...d-of-long.html

I currently have both set ups on my bike and it is great. I am 6' tall with a 32" inseam by the way.

Mimo you might want to try the Cycle Visions kit, they are in San Diego and if you need help you could always swing by my place and Ill lend you a hand. Only takes about an 1 1/2 hours.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:21 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

Thanks Chris, I'll look into it. I have a good friend in San Diego, actually that is where I ship my parts most of the times.

Mimo.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:49 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mimo
Don´t waste your time n´money on EZ-chit (which I purchased) and still have leg problems, get forward controls and loose the boards. I´m 6´3" and moved the boards forward with the HD´s kit, put the EZ brake pedal... nothing.
I need forward extended (3") controls, period. But needless to say I need to save a little $ to get nice ones, I would have to loose the engine guard and some other goodies.

Mimo.

that's interesting.... I installed the HD TOURING floorpans (moving the pans forward about 2 inches), the Harley Goodies extenders (moving the pans outward about 1 inch), Kuryakan Extended shifter lever (which moved the toe shifter foward almost 2 inches) and the Kuryakan E-Z Brake # EXB-4B which moved the brake pedal down closer to the floorboard by about 2 inches and forward about 1 1/2 inches. (this is the $160 brake lever - not the $80 wich is about the same as the stock one. HD only moves the pedal about 1/4 inch or so.) I'm also running the Kuryakan Mark III Cruise Arms.

Last edited by aviator; 01-07-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:45 PM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to lose the floorboards so have you thought
about extending them out about an inch or so and then getting MK III cruiser arms?

Old 05-27-2009, 11:44 PM
hd ryder
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good suggestions from Pensacola here. I think just like you. Comfort all the way.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:45 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the same setup and started a thread on it somewhere around here. I am too lazy to go and find it.

Quick Reply: Floorboard lever extensions vs. forward controls on 2006 FLSTF