Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HiLo Air Ride Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 09:02 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by George C
I bought these.

http://www.thunderpress.net/MONTH_AR...unShocks.shtml

Sounds about perfect to me. The seperate compressor mounts below the transmission and out of sight.

Personally, I don't trust the SAS system. What happens when something goes wrong? It's a major job. It's got to be a microscopically small compressor also.
Talk to me about SAS in a couple of years..
If something goes wrong with the Shotgun, you only lose the ability to adjust it until a new compressor arrives. The shock remains totally inflated. A few minutes to replace and you are ready to roll.

Lots of new stuff coming out, and history does tell us that they are not perfect. So, you better select the right unit that will be easy to fix if there is a problem.
sounds like you are a dealer for the shotgun shock! well why pay $1550.00 for a shock that looks to be the same as a hi/loe ride system. (with out the lifetime warranty).

Old 01-03-2009, 10:55 PM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not a dealer at all. In fact, I never work on my bike. It's at Jamestown Harley right now getting this thing installed.
I'm just a consumer who totally investigates what he buys, do you?.

Obviously, either you won't fully read, or you can't fully comprehend the differences.
I suggest spending at least 30 seconds next time and actually read what the differences are before you accuse me of being a homer....
The few extra bucks allows you to control "both" ends of the shock with a pair of internal, leakproof solenoids on each end of the barrel... You know., controlling damping "and" rebound at your fingertips.
Are you getting that with any other shock?
I didn't think so.
It also comes with a compressor mounting that doesn't stick out and yell "ugly"..

It's not for everyone, especially if an extra $500.00 means a life changing occurance for you, but this is the one for me.
I suggest you buy the Hi-Lo... I'm sure it's a fine product, and it's cheap.

Last edited by George C; 01-03-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:52 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Here is a pic of the compressor. This is the right side of the bike. Compressor is behind the swingarm bolt. Shock is below that.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:53 AM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by George C
I'm not a dealer at all. In fact, I never work on my bike. It's at Jamestown Harley right now getting this thing installed.
I'm just a consumer who totally investigates what he buys, do you?.

Obviously, either you won't fully read, or you can't fully comprehend the differences.
I suggest spending at least 30 seconds next time and actually read what the differences are before you accuse me of being a homer....
The few extra bucks allows you to control "both" ends of the shock with a pair of internal, leakproof solenoids on each end of the barrel... You know., controlling damping "and" rebound at your fingertips.
Are you getting that with any other shock?
I didn't think so.
It also comes with a compressor mounting that doesn't stick out and yell "ugly"..

It's not for everyone, especially if an extra $500.00 means a life changing occurance for you, but this is the one for me.
I suggest you buy the Hi-Lo... I'm sure it's a fine product, and it's cheap.
ok man let get real i've read several post by you tryen to sell this shotgun shock. goen back weeks of post by you! you selling a shock that you havent even installed on your 96' softail c'mon get real! Does anybody here have a shotgun installed on their ride? i havent heard of any yet. but the hi/low i have heard several people with them installed and nothing but good. and about your pitty comment about the $500.00 being life changing? yes i watch my pennies. i guess thats why i have an 09' vs. your 96'!!!!! the only question that was asked was what was the difference between the 2 units.period! how long have you had that shotgun shock in a box in your closet at your great grandmothers house for? still not installed since the year 1846. maybe 1st thing you should do is to install the thing then give us all imput. you could be selling a unit that is a total peice of sh*t! we're all just looken for the best bang for the buck. your like a guy who knows everything about the world series but has never played an inning....doesn't make any sense does it?

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 01-04-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:41 AM
saintslax11
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I bought mine for the same reason alot of other people buy there stuff.... because like me,people on this forum take pride in there bike. Im taking people like anubiss's word and i went with the HI LO. By the way Anubiss if mine is a piece of $h1t. Im comin after you brother....J/K haha. By the way thanks for that picture anubiss it really looks like that compressor sticks out real far and ugly!!! The main selling point for me was talking to the guy and knowing that I have a lifetime warranty of these shocks. I am gonna put these things to the test this year. Im riding to NY from MD...then MD to SC...Then MD to FL. If these shocks can hold up on rt 95 and rt 81 after all that then I will be sure to let everyone know how they hold up. I would say call both companys and see what they have to say. Hell!!!!! call all of them. I made the guy at HI LO sell me this product. I didnt just call and give up my cash. I made the guy work for his money and he was real patient with every annoying question I had. Do your homework man and buy what you think is right. I know one thing in the end your bike will look sick and slammed. Im ready to join that club. Good Luck.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:37 PM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
ok man let get real i've read several post by you tryen to sell this shotgun shock. goen back weeks of post by you! you selling a shock that you havent even installed on your 96' softail c'mon get real! Does anybody here have a shotgun installed on their ride? i havent heard of any yet. but the hi/low i have heard several people with them installed and nothing but good. and about your pitty comment about the $500.00 being life changing? yes i watch my pennies. i guess thats why i have an 09' vs. your 96'!!!!! the only question that was asked was what was the difference between the 2 units.period! how long have you had that shotgun shock in a box in your closet at your great grandmothers house for? still not installed since the year 1846. maybe 1st thing you should do is to install the thing then give us all imput. you could be selling a unit that is a total peice of sh*t! we're all just looken for the best bang for the buck. your like a guy who knows everything about the world series but has never played an inning....doesn't make any sense does it?
You're a rich guy because you own a motorcycle? Wow, how desperate and depressing..
Dude, please.. Get a third job... And get some glasses and a Rosetta Stone CD for English with your first paycheck.
Buy your hi-lo. I really don't care.. I'm sure it's a fine product, but I feel it's old technology.
For the rest of the guys who aren't pinching pennies into nickels, look at the Shotgun.

Last edited by George C; 01-04-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:55 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Enough...

Old 01-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Let me add a little to this. If we want to act like Children here and say that my suspension is better than yours or my daddy can beat up your daddy then maybe we should try playing somewhere else. I can't believe we had to lock a suspension thread. Grow up people.