Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

La Pera Vs Corbin

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006 | 11:09 PM
RiggidyRaw
|
Tourer
Default La Pera Vs Corbin

Anybody out there have tried or have the La Pera seats? I know Corbin is the front runner, along with Mustang seats, but wonder about the La Pera seats.

Old 04-13-2006 | 04:28 AM
J
Tourer
Default RE: La Pera Vs Corbin

I have had LePera bare bones seats on my last 2 softails and I think they look awesome. Not as comfortable as the stock seats or some cushy aftermarket seats but definitely cool looking.

Old 04-13-2006 | 07:19 AM
CWO
Advanced

I have a Lepera Solo Silhouette on my FLHT and love the look and fit. It is an extremely well made seat and fit the bike perfectly - CWO

[IMG]local://upfiles/3599/E80E70523245472C8A144CBF560E27CA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-13-2006 | 08:23 AM
Ronbo
Advanced

I go with Mustane. There softer.

Old 04-13-2006 | 10:51 AM
Geronimo
Tourer

I have the LePera Bare Bones with Gel on my Super Glide. I have used a Corbin which is softer, but I prefer the LePera after about 500 miles it is GREAT; very comfortable over a couple hundred mile trip. And I think the Le Pera follows the line of the bike better. Sorry, no pic yet.

Old 04-13-2006 | 12:04 PM
99FXST
Advanced

I also use the LePera seat on my 99 Standard. I little less comfy than most but the look is awesome

Old 04-13-2006 | 05:33 PM
RiggidyRaw
|
Tourer

Thanks for the insite. Guess I have to choose between looking cool and a little comfort. I would think that since the seats had that gel inside that it would be more conforting. Guess you need something a little more sturdier.

Old 04-13-2006 | 05:53 PM
plooked
Intermediate

La Pera works for me!

Old 04-13-2006 | 06:46 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

Check out my gallery.. Lapera Silhouette Bullet Solo seat on pretty much your bike except for the saddlebags.
That seat is a gel seat, which I didn't like so much at first but it seems to be breaking in.. I actually shelved it and went back to stock but gave it another try and the more I ride with it, I think it's getting more comfortable.. The only thing about it is the back of the seat is a bit thick, pushing you forward a little bit.. Their other solo seats aren't quite that thick a profile in the back so they might be better.. Also be careful if you decide you want a pillion, some offer it as an option and some don't. Quality wise, I think it's a great seat.. Better than the stock seat for sure.. Uses standard sideframe mounts instead of that weird bolt-within a bolt design on the stock seat. The seat is lean and forms perfectly to the frame and struts for a clean look. Sofar I've been pleased, but if I use a sissybar bag, I'm going to have to find either a luggage rack or something to cover the fender because it doesn't have a pillion option.. Also, check out their website.. If I remember, they can use all kinds of different custom materials and designs, if the standard black doesn't suit you.

Old 04-13-2006 | 07:23 PM
RiggidyRaw
|
Tourer

Yeah that seat does look kinda cool on your bike. I see what you mean by the thickness in the back. I visited the site and checked out a few of the seats. narrowed my choices down to about 2. Still haven't made a concrete decision yet. I was thinking about the saddle bags also, but don't want the small ones like you have. I like how they sit low on the road king, but I guess you can pretty much forget that on the fat boy...........

Quick Reply: La Pera Vs Corbin