Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail-Sheep !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008 | 05:57 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by robo01
DBleagle,

Great job on the Sportster transformation.... haven't seen that before ... sweet.
Thanks robo01 ... She's my pride and joy and still ride it more than I do the X-Bones...

Charlie D.

Old 12-19-2008 | 06:18 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member

I've got no use for the Heartland kit, or any other chop and bolt on thingy.
Somehow, I find the stock lines of an FX Softail to be almost perfect, and I'm not ever going to change it..

Old 12-19-2008 | 10:16 AM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member

____ HI
schumacher

It's a WindVest.....14 incher......Made in CA.
www.windvest.com/

Old 12-19-2008 | 11:50 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace

We already have a DIY Cheap thread and there has been a bunch of contributions, but there's plenty of room for more. So if you have an idea or did anything on the cheap I'm encouraging everyone to check it out and maybe add your ideas to the pile.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...heap-mods.html

Have fun

Old 12-19-2008 | 04:53 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by 5speedblu
Yeah, yeah, yeah I think I will leave my new one stock so it will be different from everyone else’s.
On 2nd thought all HDs look the same from 10 feet away. (Just kidding)

seriously though, chopping is cool to make your own stuff but it also takes a skilled hand so it don’t come out home made looking ( this coming from a guy with his first HD at 17 and it was custom painted by me Rust-o-lum Black) but that bike was $1,100.00 not 20K
Its ok to pay a skilled hand as long as the interpretation of you vision comes out.

I am paid to create peoples dreams it is fun.

But is wrenching a different story.

Is the meaning of a true biker?
You must know how to work on it your self, a little at least.

I know a guy that doesn’t even know how to change spark plugs.

Good luck to him when bikes had points. What are points? LOL

But that’s the beauty of it now, any body can flip a switch and ride, it is good & bad but at least it gets many people in to our world.

Besides how many of you have ever kicked over a HD, (this could be a new thread)

Hmm… Please see new thread...

now if you want to see a real biker, try putting pistons into heads with out the ring compressor because your buddy thought it was an oil filter wrench and took it home to change his oil.

That is called biker finger nails.
& when I wear my skid lid and sunglasses I am instant Billy Bad ***.

Oh yeah, I also wear my Harley coat with a big logo on the back & Harley t shirts all winter so everyone knows I am a biker.

Anyways WTF am I talking about I don’t know, & where’s my tequila?
awesome post lol lol

Old 12-19-2008 | 05:29 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member

check out the mock up for my rear fender which is still out at painters...crappy pic but you can get a rough idea on what its going to look like...I took the Heartland fender and cut the side holes in and also on the rock guard...also did the tip on rear of fender

Attached Thumbnails Softail-Sheep !!-fender-ho.jpg  

Last edited by 57RebelRocker; 12-19-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-19-2008 | 05:30 PM
Big Poppa Pump
Road Captain

My opinion...

People think they are customizing their bikes by bolting goodies from the dealer, then once they run out of bolties there are different things that happen depending on the individual.

1. They are satisfied and still think they have a "custom" Harley. This is what I call an accessorized motorcycle.

2. They are unsatisfied so they buy a Big Dog or some other production cookie cutter custom.

3. They are unsatisfied but lack the skill to modify the bike to their satisfaction so they pay someone to do it. This is what I call a checkbook modified motorcycle.

4. They are unsatisfied so they begin modifying their existing motorcycle using parts from a catalog. This is what I call a modified production motorcycle.

5. They are unsatisfied so they begin chopping, cutting, welding, fabricating and painting their own parts in order to create a completely one of a kind modified bike. This is what I call a custom production motorcycle.

6. They are unsatisfied so they order a frame, tanks, fenders, motor, trans, etc. out of a catalog and assemble a motorcycle. This is what I call a catalog custom.

7. They really put in work and teach themselves to completely fabricate a motorcycle using raw materials with minimal production parts. This is what I call a one-off owner built custom motorcycle.

To each his own. If you are happy with your bike that is all that matters. It's just that some folks are unsatisfied unless they do the work themselves, and there are different levels of unsatisfaction in that regard.

Old 12-19-2008 | 05:37 PM
Tripped1
Tourer

Whoa

I'm just a bone head. I can turn a wrench, and I can chop, cut and weld. Don't now nor have I ever had the pateince for paint and polishing. In my experience it's better in the long run to pay someone for paint because it's not worth the )(@^@)^ agrivation for me to try and get it right.

Really if the owner is happy with thier bike who cares?

Old 12-19-2008 | 05:41 PM
sparky1
Road Captain

HEY Schumacher you did get your new bike,looks good,congrats.

Old 12-19-2008 | 05:52 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member

[ That's funny right there.1st question will be What's a kicker?

Besides how many of you have ever kicked over a HD, (this could be a new thread)

Quick Reply: Softail-Sheep !!