Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC3

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 12:58 AM
broke joker
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PC3

Can anybody tell me if you can ajust the timeing with this thing?

Old 04-11-2006, 01:41 PM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PC3

I think so... (Just went back and looked again... Since the II did it you would think the III would... not sure though. They are kind of vague about it. I have one on my bike but I did not set it up.)

did a google site search on powercommnader.com

Section 3- Table notes for Power Commander II models

Fuel table adjustment varies on specific models. Different models repond differently to changes made on specific tables. For this reason different models of motorcycle will use the tables differently. Tables 1, 2 & 3 are fuel tables. Table 4 is the ignition table.

Harley Davidson EVO and Twin Cam

Table 1 AAP (barometric pressure sensor)
This table should not be used to add fuel. If it is used to add fuel the engine light may come on at sea level, because the sensor does not have adequate range. If the bike is ridden well above sea level this table could be used. If the "FI" light does come on it will not cause damage to the bike and it will still run normally.

Table 2 TP (throttle position sensor)
This table is used to make the majority of fuel changes on these bikes. When adding fuel here we are basically signaling the ECM that the throttle is open further than it actually is at any given point. This causes the ECM to supply more fuel. This table can be used to add fuel from 0% throttle to 80% throttle. It is not possible to add fuel at wide-open throttle with this table; we are not able to tell the ECM that the throttle is open more than 100%. You can remove fuel from the 100% column (as well as 2% through 80%) with this table. The fuel change with this
table is not linear. Adding a "2" at small throttle openings will have a different affect than adding the same number too a larger throttle openings.

Table 3 AT (intake air temperature)
This table can be used to add or subtract fuel from the entire range. It is a finer adjustment than Table 2 and does not have a large adjustment range. We normally use this table to add fuel to wide-open throttle (100%) and to remove fuel from closed throttle (0%) to reduce deceleration popping. Values in increments of "5" or more are necessary to affect the fuel curve noticeably.

Table 4 Ignition
Adjustment for ignition timing is + or - 11 degrees. The value entered is in addition to, or subtracted from the stock timing at that point.
Negative values are used to reduce detonation that is common to these bikes. Timing can be adjusted from idle to redline at all throttle positions.