Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Fatboy's with sissy bar and backrest pad

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 01:20 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Like I said in the the other psot, have shoptroll@comcast.net fab you a bar to your specs. He made an attitude stick for me. IF you can't fit your bag around the wide pad, take it off, put bag on and put the pad back on. It's only a screw or two. I also ahve the medium height sissy bar fwith the skinny pad.

Here is my shoptroll fabbed sissybar.

HEre is my regular sissy bar which almost never gets used. I was thinking about selling it. I also ahve the rack that attaches to the bar. THAT IS MY BIKE WHEN i FIRST GOT IT!

Old 12-17-2008, 03:00 PM
learfxr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the direct bolt on brackets and saved a bunch of $ over the detachable stuff. My parts don't come off when riding solo and only takes 5min if I did wish to remove them. It made it really easy to mount the saddlebags also.

I have the sissy bar and rack that are round tube instead of square. The pad is the Fat Boy Touring pad that is 14" wide. My wife likes the large pad. For looks I'd rather have a smaller pad, but this one is for more comfort.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:14 PM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by anubisss
Like I said in the the other psot, have shoptroll@comcast.net fab you a bar to your specs. He made an attitude stick for me. IF you can't fit your bag around the wide pad, take it off, put bag on and put the pad back on. It's only a screw or two. I also ahve the medium height sissy bar fwith the skinny pad.

Here is my shoptroll fabbed sissybar.

HEre is my regular sissy bar which almost never gets used. I was thinking about selling it. I also ahve the rack that attaches to the bar. THAT IS MY BIKE WHEN i FIRST GOT IT!
so... do you wanna sale it? if so, how much?

Old 12-17-2008, 03:19 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

The sissy bar, pad and rack without the detachable sideplates is all I would sell. Make an offer.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:39 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Not sure which specific model I have, but when I purchased my FatBoy a couple years ago the original owner had installed the 'quick disconnect' bracket for both the saddlebags and passenger backrest/luggage rack.

The backrest/luggage rack and saddlebags pop on and off within a couple seconds.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:09 PM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by anubisss
The sissy bar, pad and rack without the detachable sideplates is all I would sell. Make an offer.
I would rather you tell me what you want for them?

Old 12-17-2008, 04:14 PM
roysays
Cruiser

I would go with the one you have on layaway, it's taller then the other one your talking about.
I originally got the short sissy bar and my girl friend didn't like it. I now have the low medallion one and she says it's way more comftorable than the short.
you can always put a luggage rack on the HD one in the future too if you want to put some luggage on it, the other one you wont be able to do that.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:33 PM
exodor1
Cruiser

I have the "touring pad" on my 08. Got it straight from a dealer. Has same "spanish" style stitching as the rider's seat. Nice, wide backrest. Detachable, too. Wife tells me it's comfortable, and really, that's the opinion that counts. I like the looks of it because it's big, just like the bike itself. They didn't name it a "Fatboy" for nothing. I'll try to upload a pic, seems I haven't figured that part of the forum yet.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:02 PM
eagle1eye
Cruiser

Originally Posted by pensacolaharley

Beautiful bike man... hey, I can't tell exactly what it is you did. You grinded on the lights near the fender where the bracket fits over them when you're using the backrest?

Thank you! I didn't grind the lights, I ground the sideplates. It only takes about a 1/4" in and 1" up. I took my time and tested the fit until it would latch without rubbing the light bracket.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:14 PM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member

I can tell you did an outstanding job... wish you were close enough that I might persuade
you to do mine no chance you have a better photo showing exactly where you were
grinding? I guess if I had the sideplates I probably could figure it out quite easily?

Quick Reply: All Fatboy's with sissy bar and backrest pad