Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tacho for a rocker... and a hello

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 03:24 AM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Smile tacho for a rocker... and a hello

Hi all thought I would hello and thanks for the info so far it has been gold!!
I have just bought my 1st harley after being into the wonderfull of sports bikes, I thort it was time to slow down a bit get comfortable and enjoy the scenary a bit more so the only choice was a Harley.

my question though is has anyone put a tacho on their rocker?? which one did you go for?? where did you put it??and I would love a pic and part #

Cheers, Dan

here's mine if you want to have a perve...
http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/putsa_danny/

Old 12-14-2008, 03:54 AM
masar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats for purchase! You say you just bought but i see you did not waste time, some mods already done Or did you buy it with the mods already? Your bike looks great, how is solved that space between seat and fender ? I see from pictures your seat almost sitting on fender.

I hope others will answer your question with tacho, i am still learning here and dont know.....

Old 12-14-2008, 05:49 AM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by masar
Congrats for purchase! You say you just bought but i see you did not waste time, some mods already done Or did you buy it with the mods already? Your bike looks great, how is solved that space between seat and fender ? I see from pictures your seat almost sitting on fender.

I hope others will answer your question with tacho, i am still learning here and dont know.....
Thanks, had it for 6 weeks and all mods done by me so far, yeah the seat looks sweet now, thank you, and hardley a gap, looks better on the road too but the best part is how i'm sunk in the bike when riding instead of being perched on top,

Cheers, D

Old 12-14-2008, 07:42 AM
mojo55
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tach

This is a HD part# 74734-08 for a speedo/tach combo. Could you tell me what seat you have on your rocker and did you have to lower it to close the gap?

Old 12-14-2008, 09:08 AM
kylant
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rocker_dan,

it looks like you have the danny gray seat and were able to use the passenger rack and pillion that harley puts out for the rocker. is this the case?

there have been several people here wondering if it could be done. looks like it can be. did you have to do any mods?

thanks

Old 12-14-2008, 09:16 AM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

Nice looking Rocker!

Old 12-14-2008, 09:43 AM
masar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am still interested how is solved and eliminated that gap. Is it only the seat?

Old 12-14-2008, 10:11 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

that seat looks nice on there. Is that the Danny Gray?

as far as the tach goes. as far as i know the only choice we have for the rock as of now is the HD speedo/tach combo. let us know if you find a different alternative

Old 12-15-2008, 02:42 AM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by mojo55
This is a HD part# 74734-08 for a speedo/tach combo. Could you tell me what seat you have on your rocker and did you have to lower it to close the gap?

masarI am still interested how is solved and eliminated that gap. Is it only the seat? Today 01:16 AMpensacolaharleyNice looking Rocker! Today 01:08 AMkylantrocker_dan,

it looks like you have the danny gray seat and were able to use the passenger rack and pillion that harley puts out for the rocker. is this the case?

there have been several people here wondering if it could be done. looks like it can be. did you have to do any mods?

thanks

Thanks for the kind words everyone!!

Well its not a Danny Gray seat, its more of a Danny B... seat, I had a local trimmer make for me although I may have got some inspiration from the The Danny gray seat....I only pruchased the side struts and had the piliion seat made also...was heaps cheaper than going for the dealer option.

As far as closing the gap I have had the bike lowered 2 inches and followed the line of the guard with the seat to give it a tighter appearance.

As for the struts all that was required was a little grinding of the front hole to accomodate the eyelet of the main seat and there you go....

I have had my girl on the back and was pretty worried it may touch the guard, but managed to hit a rather large pot hole where I thought thats stuffed it, but not even a mark, so I havent even to put on that protective clear sticker the Danny gray seat comes with.

The best thing about it is the riding position, just right in the bike, arms are relaxed and not feeling that I'm going to slip of the back.

I was really second guessing my choice of ride before the change as, I felt awkward (specially having only ever ridden jap and Euro crotch rockets) but now I'm happy as a pig in ****

cheers, Dan

http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/putsa_danny/

Last edited by Rocker_Dan; 12-15-2008 at 02:45 AM. Reason: additions