Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found out today....

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 08:17 PM
84FXST
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found out today....

that changing the oil lines on an 84 are a b!tch. I ended up having to remove the starter to get at the supply line. After replacing the 2 lines I thought were leaking I get it all back together and (kick in the *****) the line from the cooler to the block starts leaking! I originally thought only one of the return lines was leaking and ended up with 2 lines leaking. So I had the one new line and a good piece of the old line that I used to replace the 2 leaking ones. Once I started it up the other line lets go. Also as a note, I had never seen it before but my return line out of my oil cooler was COMPLETELY clogged. I have no idea how long it has been like this but it can't be good. Any ideas what the damage could be??? I am going to the stealership tomorrow to get the recommended set of lines and I am changing all of them at the same time. What a waste of a day's work. At least I got to spend the day wrenching on my bike. That made me happy. Anybody have ideas for lines instead of getting the HD ones? Or should I just stay with what they offer?? Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post...