Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handicapped bike plates

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 06:17 PM
PastorTom
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
As you can see i guess this topic offends you. by which is was not meant to so thats why i say "this isnt meant to offend anybody" i was just asking a question. and as for being handicapped i have a brother (half paralized) who is handicapped so get off the sympothy. and if i asked him the same ? im sure he would luagh about it!!!! as he has told me before "IF I EVER RODE THIS BIKE I BET I WOULD DROP THIS THING ON ITS SIDE" in his own words!!!! and then he LAUGHED about it..... and as for the lung comment i didnt think about that. but i guess u can walk the extra distance that why you dont have such a plate isnt it? i just pictured my little brother riding my bike which wouldnt be such a great idea. so like i say again THIS THREAD ISNT MEANT TO OFFEN ANYBODY IT JUST A SIMPLE QUESTION?????
In alot of cases.. no I can't, But it easier to just send the OL then to catch a ration of junk from well meaning people who "don't mean to offend" because I don't "look" handicaped..AND Im riding a Motorcycle..
Blessings
PT

Old 12-07-2008, 06:18 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike5959
You can't just say something isn't intended to offend when you alread know it is most likely going to offend at least some people. It is a pretty stupid question......

I do want to know what Blind People dream about though... .Are there any blind bikers out here that can answer that for me?
ok ok now thats kind of funny

Old 12-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Buddy, you are just digging yourself a deeper and deeper hole. Saying you didn't mean it to be offensive doesn't make it any less offensive. There are lots of disabilities that qualify for handicapped plates, which are not obvious to the casual observer. I could have handicapped plates on my bike if I so desired, but I choose not to. I do have a handicapped placard for the car though.

And stop posting in this ridiculous font or we will all qualify for handicapped plates on the basis of vision defect lol.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:53 PM
08Fatty
Tourer

I thought is was kinda funny too when my mother got her Street Bob, But her disabilities do not stop her from driving. Slightly hinders her riding abilities though. She has to have a trike kit (Topac) or she will fall over. But she has mo problem controlling her motorcycle. She usually parks with me or our group but she has the availability to park up close if she needs to.

Attached Thumbnails Handicapped bike plates-momaonherhog.jpg  
Old 12-07-2008, 08:52 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Talking

Originally Posted by Mr. Lucky
Buddy, you are just digging yourself a deeper and deeper hole. Saying you didn't mean it to be offensive doesn't make it any less offensive. There are lots of disabilities that qualify for handicapped plates, which are not obvious to the casual observer. I could have handicapped plates on my bike if I so desired, but I choose not to. I do have a handicapped placard for the car though.

And stop posting in this ridiculous font or we will all qualify for handicapped plates on the basis of vision defect lol.
So what you are saying is that you would get handicapped plates and park your bike in a handicapped spot if you desired. the next next guy who comes along with no legs who cant park there due to you taking up space with your bike. way to go !!!! they shouldn't give plates to just anybody with a slight impairment like yourself as you say! if your ok to ride a bike then your ok to walk the extra 15ft. IMO...

and if your tryen to put me down because of my font? damm man you got me! your my hero!!!!! u got me!!!! p.s. i dont own a shovel for a hole do u

Old 12-07-2008, 08:56 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 08Fatty
I thought is was kinda funny too when my mother got her Street Bob, But her disabilities do not stop her from driving. Slightly hinders her riding abilities though. She has to have a trike kit (Topac) or she will fall over. But she has mo problem controlling her motorcycle. She usually parks with me or our group but she has the availability to park up close if she needs to.
Now thats f***ing cool i completely relate to that!!!! she's badass

Old 12-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Sable
Road Captain

Opinions are like .....
Well everyones got one

Old 12-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Sable
Road Captain

When you say no offense intened..
Thats the first clue that hummmm...
this maybe a time to refrain from what ya have to say

Old 12-07-2008, 09:09 PM
PastorTom
Elite HDF Member

I pray you don't end up in the position of not being able to make that walk.. Some of us are there.. Im not going to stop riding because you have no compassion or don't feel we any longer have the right to ride if we have a disability.. Im not ready to go sit in a nursing home nor do I plan to stop riding or stop taking care of my family. If the time comes that I choose ta put the handicap plates on the bike. I'll do just that..Even if narrow minded people such as yourself don't like it.. I don't need your approval or permission.. My handicap is not of my choosing, It just is.. Always remember just as I didn't make this choice.. You don't have one either.. You could end up just like us.. Remember what you say today.. Life has a way of turning our arrogance around and feeding it to us for dessert..

Old 12-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I was at the Abilities show in Anaheim, CA a few years ago and one of the vendors had a sport bike with training wheels that were electrically lowered by a switch on the bars. The guy that built the bike had been a rider before an accident took away the use of his legs. He'd roll up to the bike in his wheelchair and climb on. He had a grin from ear to ear and handicap plates.

Quick Reply: Handicapped bike plates