Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mod - Floorboard Highway Pegs - I love them!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006 | 12:06 PM
UltraBrian
Road Warrior
Default RE: New Mod - Floorboard Highway Pegs - I love them!

Yep. Getting them to extend the pegs a little more and for more adjustment. I too am short-legged (30" inseam) and have my right Cruise Arm as close as I can get it without interfering with the rear brake lever. I've thought about it looking like too much hardware, but will not know for sure until I try them. If I do not like them, I can always sell them.

Old 08-23-2006 | 02:34 PM
DMSC
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Brian Rhoden

Yep. Getting them to extend the pegs a little more and for more adjustment. I too am short-legged (30" inseam) and have my right Cruise Arm as close as I can get it without interfering with the rear brake lever. I've thought about it looking like too much hardware, but will not know for sure until I try them. If I do not like them, I can always sell them.
I couldn't stand the wait for the new style extensions so I bought the older style 4"ers. I bought them to get Paula's feet up and forward when riding on the back. Before I put them on the back...I put them on the front. They don't look as clean as NOT having them on there. They don't look bad, however.

I think they look a LOT better than having a crash bar with rearward extended pegs...which is what I would have to do IF I had pegs on a crash bar.

I've got a set of the new style 2" extensions on order (dealer said they were told mid-September...NO, I'm NOT holding my breath!). Once i get those on the front, I'll probably put a set a of the new style 4" extensions in place of the old style i have on the rear. The new ones allow the peg to fold up and the old style doesn't.

Short legged folks have to do what they must to get comfortable.

Old 08-23-2006 | 10:29 PM
UltraBrian
Road Warrior

Got any pics of those "older style 4"ers"?

Old 08-25-2006 | 07:38 PM
DMSC
Road Master

Not the best pic I've ever taken...I get one out in the sunlight after my camera battery recharges...