Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mod - Floorboard Highway Pegs - I love them!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006 | 03:09 PM
lickmstickmman
Tourer
Default RE: New Mod - Floorboard Highway Pegs - I love them!

I love mine also. Not as bulky looking.. and with mine looking like a snow plow, the narrower you can make the front, the better.

My only issue is the left side is hard to find the right place to be. The bar comes up close to the shifter, and with boots on it stops you from putting your boot completely under to shift. I keep it forward and down to stay out of my boots way, but soetimes it makes it difficult to rest my foot on it, since it is located to far forward.

Benji

[IMG]local://upfiles/15669/08D466233CDB48E0A5B02884B4FDE7A7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-22-2006 | 06:11 PM
randyj
Advanced

Anyone install different pegs other than the KURYAKYN ISO pegs? The ISO pegs that come with the kit state they are the small ISO pegs. ISO pegs don't match my bike, I have Nostalgic controls. I'd like to get the kit without pegs and install a Harley chrome and rubber footpeg "but" don't know weather to get the large or small pegs. Advice and pictures of other pegs would be appreciated...(looking at P/N 50130-95A or 50131-95A)

Old 08-22-2006 | 06:40 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

I went with these, I believe:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

They're not fancy, at all.. but longer pegs which are long enough for the width of my size 11 1/2 boots.
I thought about any H-D male mount peg would work though.

Old 08-22-2006 | 08:29 PM
UltraBrian
Road Warrior

Checked out your Gallery, Babs. Your ride looks sweet! Are those Reinhart pipes?

Back to the subject. I will be changing out my pegs on my MK III Cruise Arms, but after I get the 2" adjustable extensions that should be available for purchase in October.

Old 08-22-2006 | 09:47 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 93HD

brubam thanks for those great pics.they dont get any better than that.nice close ups.now i could go ahead and finally order those things.sweet! this site rocks.

93HD
What size apes, and brand are those. Look great.

Old 08-22-2006 | 09:56 PM
HOGWYLDPR
Tourer

I have them on my 06 Deluxe. I bolted them to the underside of my floorboards. It has not been a problem. You just cannot use the stiffennning plate that they provide with the kit as it is shaped differently than the Deluxe flooboard. Just use Loctite and tighten good.

Old 08-23-2006 | 11:22 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Brian Rhoden

Checked out your Gallery, Babs. Your ride looks sweet! Are those Reinhart pipes?

Back to the subject. I will be changing out my pegs on my MK III Cruise Arms, but after I get the 2" adjustable extensions that should be available for purchase in October.
They are Rineharts.. Staggered. $250 Ebay purchase.. The deal of the century I thought. Some guy put a 1000 miles on them and his dealer buddy wanted him to try thunderheaders.. He said he swapped cams and exhausts and performance items like people change socks.. So I didn't mind oblidging to pick up these pipes. They've found a permanant home as long as I have the bike.

Thanks for the compliments.. I'll trade ya! I actually had a heritage for my first bike.. Still miss 'er. Ya never get over that first love. hehehe When I bought her she had beach bars and no bags and fishtails.. But she marked her territory too much. I'm thinking very seriously on going retro like that with the fatboy, except for the exhaust.. the rineharts are staying. I am serious about a lowering kit of somekind (possibly the burnout cycles kit, or full progressive shocks) but subtle.. maybe just an inch or a little more. Bags are detachable now which is nice.. Seat is for sale.. I'm replacing the lepera with a mustang (The butt can't take a barhopper seat for 300+ miles at a time).

[IMG]local://upfiles/3244/804EC28D24CB46F99E9C05E7867F2381.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-23-2006 | 11:27 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

But back on the subject of cruisearms... Did you guys see this?

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=3598

New type of Cruise Arms are out.. Mark IV

Mount to the frame instead of the boards and have standard and extended versions.

Old 08-23-2006 | 11:34 AM
UltraBrian
Road Warrior

Yep. Saw those, but went with the MK III's instead. Going to get a set of these when they are released http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=3594 The 2" version.

Old 08-23-2006 | 11:43 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

Those are pretty cool extensions.. but are you concerned that they will look like a lot of hardware hanging off your floorboards?
It's hard to tell.. Might look just fine though. Are you installing them to extend out the pegs a bit?

I noticed I'm have just enough clearance of the brake pedal, and I'm at pretty much the top setting that can be set without interfering with the brake lever. That's my one criticism of the mark III's. So I'm too short-legged to go any longer with the adjustment and can't go closer due to the brake lever, so I have one spot, and that's where they've been since install.. Luckily they're perfectly comfortable there.

Quick Reply: New Mod - Floorboard Highway Pegs - I love them!