Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe auxiliary light kit on a 08 fatboy question

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 06:24 AM
redfatboy
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference

I have NO idea now that you mention it. I looked on the Harley web site at the two of them. The only thing I even think I saw different were where the two lights mounted at the end of the bar. The regular one looks to have a larger "shelf" for the light to set on.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:47 AM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

The only difference I saw was the "regular" bar is round and the "deluxe" bar looks like it's been flattened a bit (top to bottom).

Old 05-13-2009, 10:45 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Originally Posted by redfatboy
I had some questions about whether the detachable windshield would fit after I got the light bar myself. I walked around a rally this past weekend looking at different fatboys with detachable windshields and the light kits. Some of the windshields seem to fit between the light kit bracket and the forks while others seemed to fit on the out side of the lights brackets??? Are there two different kits or did I just drink to many beers?? Does the standard kit come with the hardware for a windshield to fasten to??
When I put a light bar on my Springer I found that the detach shield would not go on unless I turned the mounts on the shield around which puts the spots forward of the light bar. If you are all about looks then you probably don't want to do that but it worked for me. Have since gone to a windvest so it's not an issue anymore. Still have the big shield and if I decide to put it on for some reason, all I have to do is flip the light mounts. Only takes a couple of minutes.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:59 AM
Das_Fatboy
Cruiser

I know this thread has been dead for a few years...but I do have another question for anyone who may have installed the Deluxe Aux light kit. I notice that the turn signals are relocated below the passing lamps. Is there any additional hardware/wiring kits that would be needed, or is it all part of the kit?

Old 12-29-2012, 11:00 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

That kit has everything you need. There are other ways to piece it together with heritage parts, but I'd go with the deluxe kit if I ever did it again.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:59 AM
Harley24
Stage I

Can anyone help re the wiring part? is there any connections behind the front light? or will I have to run a power wire with relay to the battery?? I have the 2009 fatboy...so would have thought that the heritage and fatboy wire looms were the same...can anyone help?? thanks

Old 10-31-2013, 06:19 AM
Offroadrunner
Novice

I just installed the kit yesterday. For power, there is a yellow wire with a plug installed on the end already coming out of the headlight. It connects to the (kit supplied) switch, jumper wires, etc. All wires/connectors plug into existing factory harness connectors. Other than the pain of removing the tank, it's a pretty straight-forward install.