Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe auxiliary light kit on a 08 fatboy question

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 05:51 PM
snip0721
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default do it

i had them installed before delivery, on my 2000 fatboy.(stock headlight tin retained) have since upgraded to 55w halogen. last year changed headlght from sealed beam to the late model hd. halogen. also added run/turn/stop module to rear signals. lighting on county roads is awsome. wired so i can run aux. lights and highbeam. you wouldnt believe the difference. no regrets here...none. hope this helps

Old 03-05-2009, 09:16 PM
snip0721
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2000 FB with aux. lamps and turn signal bar

Attached Thumbnails Deluxe auxiliary light kit on a 08 fatboy question-00-fb-003.jpg   Deluxe auxiliary light kit on a 08 fatboy question-00-fb-005.jpg  
Old 03-05-2009, 10:22 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

just what I want for my fatty too. Not sure it will fit with my windshield???

Old 03-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Ballsout
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Im having the Deluxe Aux kit installed before delivery on my '09 Fatty along with a chrome front end kit. Should look pretty sweet. I CANT WAIT!

Old 03-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Chuky66
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you had the windshield before the light bar, it won't fit after the light bar. Deer are so bad around here they extended the season this year. I could use some extra light. I did install a Flash2pass on my bike first so now all I have to do is flash my high beam twice, and up goes the garage door, and no carrying a door opener. It's pretty handy. Now, I need the light bar.
Chuck

Old 03-30-2009, 09:46 AM
redfatboy
Stage III
Default Detachable Windsheld/Light kit

I had some questions about whether the detachable windshield would fit after I got the light bar myself. I walked around a rally this past weekend looking at different fatboys with detachable windshields and the light kits. Some of the windshields seem to fit between the light kit bracket and the forks while others seemed to fit on the out side of the lights brackets??? Are there two different kits or did I just drink to many beers?? Does the standard kit come with the hardware for a windshield to fasten to??

Old 05-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Chuky66
Intermediate

I believe there are 2 dif kits. A regulare light bar and a deluxe. Lollypop blinkers or bullet.
C-

Old 05-11-2009, 11:20 PM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

I have the regular light bar on mine with the pancake style signals.
My detachable windshield fits on the outside of the light bracket.

Attached Thumbnails Deluxe auxiliary light kit on a 08 fatboy question-img_0304.jpg   Deluxe auxiliary light kit on a 08 fatboy question-img_0305.jpg   Deluxe auxiliary light kit on a 08 fatboy question-img_0306.jpg   Deluxe auxiliary light kit on a 08 fatboy question-img_0307.jpg  
Old 05-12-2009, 03:50 PM
redfatboy
Stage III
Default Light kit

I ended comparing my bike with a friend who had one. The windshield mounts on the OUTSIDE of the light kit bracket so if you have an existing windshield and you get the aux light kit, get ready to but a new windshield. Anybody want to buy my old one.... A suggestion for anybody adding one. BEFORE taking your headlight apart and trying to run the aux light wire into your head light to splice in to the yellow wire (which is next to impossible), LOOK for a yellow wire with a plug coming out of the head light sitting right there for you to plug into.

Attached Thumbnails Deluxe auxiliary light kit on a 08 fatboy question-fatboysm.jpg  
Old 05-12-2009, 10:14 PM
harley albert
Advanced
Cool What is the main difference?

Originally Posted by MNFatboy
If your referring to the front cover behind the headlamp you can leave the stock one if you want. I just installed that kit this summer on my 05 Fatboy and changed out the stock cover because the stock one was not chrome finished. The install is pretty straight forward.
What is the main difference between the Deluxe package and the basic one?

Your feedback is appreciated. Thanking you in advance!!!!

Quick Reply: Deluxe auxiliary light kit on a 08 fatboy question