Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Duals for Xbones

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 04:24 AM
airbusflyer
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Softail Duals for Xbones

Hi folks,

I got my 08 Xbones last week and I have been riding it almost every day. Great Bike. I am looking to change the pipes and I was considering the V&H Softail Duals to give the bike some nostalgic look but my only concern in they are too thin. Does any body has those pipes on any Xbones or any softail for that matter? I need feedback on the sound and looks if you have it.

Any other suggestions to other brands of true duals that could be of a bigger radius to give a more aggressive look?

Thank you.

Old 12-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I Have seen pictures of the duals on an XB and they look awesome..
heard that the rear pipe is a b*thc to install....
I'm sure someone will chime in with a few pictures..

CC

Old 12-05-2008, 12:05 PM
PUBA ONE
Tourer

Originally Posted by airbusflyer
Hi folks,

I got my 08 Xbones last week and I have been riding it almost every day. Great Bike. I am looking to change the pipes and I was considering the V&H Softail Duals to give the bike some nostalgic look but my only concern in they are too thin. Does any body has those pipes on any Xbones or any softail for that matter? I need feedback on the sound and looks if you have it.

Any other suggestions to other brands of true duals that could be of a bigger radius to give a more aggressive look?

Thank you.
Have the V&H true duals on my '08 Heritage, great product, sound good, but I've been searching for some time for a bigger radius pipe, haven't found any. Gonna have to get creative with some bracketing, but you could put most any exhaust on the dual headpipes

Old 12-05-2008, 12:15 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Cheesecake, those 2-1 pipes you have in you x-bones are awesome, how is the sound and the back-pressure?

Mimo.

Old 12-05-2008, 01:11 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Samson would look nice, but there are a smaller diameter than the vance and hines. I have the straight pipe fishtail slip ons and they sound killer. I think they would complement your bike nicely. The baffles version of the fishtails they make has a biger radius on the slip on portion, but the vance and hines still look fatter.

Old 12-05-2008, 01:27 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

The V&H may look fatter but the Samson´s sound much better IMO...

Mimo.

Old 12-05-2008, 01:48 PM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the true duals on my Heritage... stock baffles. Sound nice... still loud.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:01 PM
sunrise rider
Cruiser

I have a 08 Heritage, I recently added a set of Samson True Duals with the 4" mufflers. I really like them, sound great and I like the looks of mufflers under the saddle bags. I also have a set of V&H on my other bike but I wasn't totally happy with the quality of V&H's. The bigger mufflers may not look right on the x-bones. Buy what is right for you. Their not cheap. I bought mine from american classic motors and they gave me a good deal. IMO.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Budmiester
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got an '08 Cross Bones with V&H True Duals, with the Fish Tail Tips. Have the S.E Super Tuner for fuel management. I was going for the "throw back" look. The sound is AWESOME!! With the Hi-Flow air filter, this puppy gets up and goes. Plan to make a few more changes. 14" or 16" apes, (internal wiring for a clean look), and I'd like to find the right spot light/turn signal bar for more lighting up front, but it's got to keep the "nostalgic" look. Still looking for ideas for the seat, and I'll make something to replace that Stupid plastic pan the MoCo puts under the seat. The V&H pipes are pricey, but I'm more than happy with them. Hope this helps in your search.

Attached Thumbnails Softail Duals for Xbones-my-new-crossbones-091.jpg   Softail Duals for Xbones-my-new-crossbones-092.jpg   Softail Duals for Xbones-my-new-crossbones-094.jpg   Softail Duals for Xbones-my-new-crossbones-095.jpg  
Old 12-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Gwjvw
Road Warrior

man i sure wish i could put some dual fishtails on my dyna!!! Sweet pipes!

Quick Reply: Softail Duals for Xbones