Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Rocker w/ Danny Gray, 2" Tank Lift +Pics & Mod List w/ Part #s @ 2-1/2 Months

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 09:07 AM
variablek
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright ill give in...red is faster...blue is cooler...but black is just tha sexah!!! and yes i mean the bike...not me...lol

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/album...ictureid=12187

Old 11-25-2008, 10:22 AM
SilverDawg
Road Captain

What are our options to upgrade the horn? I hate the way mine sounds. Almost embarrased to use it....

Old 11-25-2008, 10:35 AM
variablek
Cruiser

good question....i was thinking about mounting an air horn to it somewhere....lol scare the bajeeebees out people...lol

Old 11-25-2008, 01:33 PM
speedsnice
Tourer

Keep us posted on the HID install, I am interested in trying to install a bi-xenon HID bulb into my Rocker. I going to try using a slim ballast to see where I can make it fit, I have 6000k HID's on my 2007 Yamaha R1.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:44 PM
dantoniov
Advanced

Did you do something different to get your seat closer to the rear fender? One of the things that pushed me towards a heritage was that gap between the seat and fender it never looked right to me.

I forgot to add, nice bike! You make me want to buy a rocker too!

Last edited by dantoniov; 11-25-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:02 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

we need a new horn !!!!!

Old 11-26-2008, 09:13 PM
robo01
Intermediate
Default Recycle

There is an alternative. Looks the same as the stock seat, because it IS the stock seat, but there's no comparison in the ride. And, the cost is well..... uh... negligible...

DIY - Saving the seat, ditching the uterus
Been gleaning the "Rocker C Seat issue" since I bought mine in July. First post ever on any forum so I'm sure I'll screw something up but I finally DID SOMETHING last night to change my sore rear end situation that I haven't seen addressed on any of the related posts.

I performed a uterusectomy on my seat last night. I simply removed the "uterus" (the glove compartment that HD installed in the seat to accommodate that half seat my wife complains about when we take a ride). It bought me 2" of soft comfort and put me "into the bike" like I have been reading about. You can't even tell the change has been made by looking at the bike but you sure can feel the difference! No comparison.

All it cost me was the price of an electric stapler (to plant the staples deep enough into the hard plastic seat bottom) and a piece of foam (and I did drink a couple of beers during the operation).

It was simple, just remove the seat, remove the staples, pop the 4 rivets (they're easier to remove from the top side with some wire cutters) that secure the uterus to the hard plastic seat bottom, cut & shape a piece of 2", medium density foam, with a couple of strips to build up the back raised area (you'll see what I mean) and put it back together. 1.5 hours max and that's only because I was treading on new territory. If anyone's interested I can post a couple of pics.

Now I am on to lowering the bike to get rid of the dreaded gap. Do the lowering kits cost handling or comfort?

The Rock pictures are after I added the V&H Big Radius (a bit cliche I know but I still beleive they are right for this bike), Power Commander and Stage 1 (the chrome flame handles and foot pegs were already done when I bought it from a local dude). I'll take some more later but there really is no way to tell I've changed the seat without either flipping it up or sitting on it.

The other shots are the top and bottom of the uterus that I removed during the operation. I hope you'll be able to see the four holes that once contained the rivets that secured it to the seat bottom. That's really all that held it together.

just an alternative..

robo

Attached Thumbnails Another Rocker w/ Danny Gray, 2" Tank Lift +Pics & Mod List w/ Part #s @ 2-1/2 Months-rock-1.jpg   Another Rocker w/ Danny Gray, 2" Tank Lift +Pics & Mod List w/ Part #s @ 2-1/2 Months-top.jpg   Another Rocker w/ Danny Gray, 2" Tank Lift +Pics & Mod List w/ Part #s @ 2-1/2 Months-bottom.jpg