Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker touring strut

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008 | 10:03 AM
zeus33
|
Big Kahuna HDF Member

so I went down to the harley shop to buy the rocker... well... they weren't too interested in selling it to me. They say it's not the bike for me. I suppose they're right. reds2harleys, your advice is sound. They told me the bike isn't set up for passenger and luggage, more work would have to be done on the rear shock, and stiffening it up would give it a harder ride. So they led us over to the touring bikes, they have some good deals on the electaglides. omg, I like the ultra with the passenger speakers, the cb radio, intercom system, cruise, etc. but I really don't need all that to rat around town, especially don't need the trunk and bags and roll bars either 90% of the time. (actually don't need the roll bars at all).
So here it is, today, I'm going up to buy the road glide. Frame attached faring. Good back seat, I can add a quick release sissy bar for my wife. Factory bags that remove with a couple pins. I like the cruise control. I like the stereo. What about ABS?? Personally I'd rather not have it. But it's an option that has been added on some of the '08s so I might have to take it just because I have no choice.

What do you folks think about my new choice in bike? Also what about the ABS, good or bad, or no big deal?

Old 11-15-2008 | 10:20 AM
kylant
Road Captain

i'd get the abs. one of the worst things you could do is lock up your front wheel, the abs should prevent that.

sounds like you want a stripped down touring bike. have you looked at the street glide? that will be my next bike

Old 11-16-2008 | 01:14 AM
zeus33
|
Big Kahuna HDF Member

So I completely abandoned my idea of the rocker with the touring strut. I bought a road glide today. I like it, got a good deal as it is an '08. It has the stage 1 on it, sounds real nice. Also has ABS, probably better for safety, especially on wet roads.

Sorry to abandon the softail line. My second bike will be a rocker, a good ol bike I can rat around on when the wife doesn't want to come along.

Old 11-16-2008 | 07:06 AM
thefinn2
Advanced

It looks like the passenger back rest might be able to accommodate a T-Bag or similar. Anyone tried?