Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What size spacer for DNA Mammoth rear wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 02:31 PM
chromedome
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bike is an 08. I called DNA for heir best price. Kind of fickle.which is about the same price you see on the KCINT web sight. They qouted me one price and when I told them I was in CA they gave me a better price. Don't know why... it wasn't a shipping issue. I then called the guy I already bought my rotors from and told him I wanted to change to the super spoke because of the DNA wheels. He deals with DNA and got me an even better price. Since he lives in CA I picked eveything up, saved shipping and paid cash and he didn't charge me tax. Wheels, pulley, pulley bolts, spacer, rotors, rotor bolts and and set of LRB-Z-Plus pads for $1340. Guy I got the best price from was a guy named Mark doing business on ebay as Eagle Parts.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:55 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Well I have it narrowed down to either a 3/8" or 1/2" spacer. KC Int. is charging $40 each for the spacers, seems high to me. I may check the ones out a Dennis Kirk. If they're only $8 I will just buy both.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:56 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member

One more question, does anyone know if my pulley is a 70 tooth or some other size? I need to check the belt width too. I think it's 1 1/8" wide. This is the info. they are needing to get me the right size pulley.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:16 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, Not gonna be much help to you Warg but I know 07's are 66th.

I thought previous to 07 it was 70th.

And yes, they are gonna charge you alot for those spacers. FYI. the ones from Kirk are not chromed.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:09 AM
WARG
Elite HDF Member

thanks, I'll end up measuring the belt width and counting the teeth myself, but I'm thinking your right about the 70 tooth. Will probably go with the chrome spacers, no sense in cheaping out on a small part after spending the money on the good stuff.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:58 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can't really see it. But then I put a DNA pulley on my stock wheels. It's anadized so it matches the hub. In your case where your getting all chrome. You will prolly want the chrome spacer.

Just ask the dealer what a stock sprocket is for your bike. He can tell you. That's how I found out mine for sure.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:52 PM
chromedome
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember to measure the pulley width and not the belt width. I remember a post from Luxe, who has an 05 Deluxe, where he listed some product. I beleive that this applies to the 2000- 2006 models. Don't know about the fatboy though.

Here is what he wrote:

got the pulley, rotors & rotor hardware from www.kcint.com . Don't bother getting the pulley hardware from them as it will not be long enough. I also needed a 9/16" spacer to mount the piulley and 2" PM bolts to attach. My pulley was a 70 tooth x 1 1/8" wide with a 2 1/4" center hole. Make sure you order yours correct. They are dead serious, NO RETURNS. The first pulley I ordered I measured the with of the pulley, and not the belt. I got a 1 1/2" belt width pulley by my own error. They would not take it back, even in the original packaging, unmounted, freight paid, I even offer a percentage for restocking, no way! I managed to sell it on ebay and recoup everything except the freight. Good luck with your project.

Pulley http://kcint.zoovy.com/c=fQRu8PFQJbL...MESH-PULLEY-09

Rotors http://kcint.zoovy.com/c=fQRu8PFQJbL...E-2142-44PR-09

Rotor bolts http://kcint.zoovy.com/c=fQRu8PFQJbL...CRB-516-380-01

Pulley Spacer http://vulcanworks.net/2000-UP-Pulle...ers-p-369.html

Pulley Bolts were PM 12 point pulley kit # PM-0109-0057-SS "

Old 11-04-2008, 08:10 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member

thanks for the info. I will be sure to measure mine when I get ready to order. I am waiting on a quote from Lewis Custom Cycles right now. I also found a cool set of billet wheels that are $1795.00 for the wheels, rotors and pulley. So I am tempted to wait and save a few more bucks for the billet wheels. We'll see. thanks again fellas.

Old 09-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Abbinc83
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sitting with the same problem bought the wheels and pulley from DNA. They never mentioned needing a spacer and after very little help from them and two weeks haggling them they sent me the wrong one so i'm just gonna buy one I guess. I found these online.

http://vulcanworks.net/Harley-2000-U...ers-p-369.html

Old 09-25-2010, 05:18 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

If I remember correctly using the DNA pulley you need the 9/16" spacer.

Drew

Quick Reply: What size spacer for DNA Mammoth rear wheel?