Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jack for bike. What kind to buy????

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008 | 10:04 AM
RockerDave
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cromagnon
Jokr,

I would agree with others who recommend Craftsman yellow. Yea, I started an entire thread a week ago about mine being stuck. The jack is priced better than others and the best part is how low the jack will go. Your bike looks real low. It's important to read the instructions though. That's why I jammed mine, I didn't read the manual.
That is kinda funny, because I did the same thing. I couldn't get the bike down until I read the manual and realized that it had an automatic locking mechanism at 4 different intervals. I actually like the locking mechanism since it allows you to leave your bike up for an extended period of time without any pressure on the hydraulic cylinder. My bike is very low and I use the rubber spacers from Harley as well. With the spacers, the lift does not slide under the bike completely (while resting on the kickstand). However, if I just stand the bike straight up (with one hand) the lift will slide under perfectly.

Old 10-29-2008 | 03:45 PM
Hangfire1
Tourer

After viewing this video I went ahead and purchased this J&S jack:

http://www.jsjacks.com/lift.html

I figure the last thing I need is to drop my Deluxe off of a jack, especially if I am under it.

One of the owners (Jim) told me there are no clearance problems with the Deluxe.

Old 10-29-2008 | 05:46 PM
jokr
|
Road Captain

thanx when you get your jack let us know about the clearence also let them know you have a softail and they will give you spacers so you dont hit the shocks. Im ordering mine next week.