Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have question about Heritage Softtail

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I went from a '93 Sportster to an '02 Heritage ..... NO CONTEST!

That being said, I can't imagine a better ride.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:29 PM
tslonige
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got rid of my Street Glide to go to a Heritage. You sit in a Softail, you sit on a Touring bike. My back hurt from day 1 on the SG. I changed out handlebars, seats and position of footboards, with no luck. I don't have the pain on my Heritage. I agree with some others posting try different handlebars first, it is a lot cheaper. Chromwerks Sweepers are inexpensive and you don't have to change cables.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 223 Likes on 158 Posts

I live in LA and frequently ride to Northern CA (Sacramento) which is about 400 miles one way for me . . . I have two bikes; my '10 Heritage and an '02 BWM 1150RT . . . I've ridden both many times and the BMW more times than I care to count. If you believe the magazines . . . the BMW should be the better long distance cruiser . . . WRONG! The Heritage wins the long distance ride contest without a problem. Just my opinion. If I want to carve the curves on Rte 49 the BMW will almost certainly get there first but not without the aid of Advil or something similar . . . .

Old 05-07-2010, 11:28 PM
wlbowers
Stellar HDF Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

I ride my 2007 Heritage Classic for therapy.

Go rent one for a day.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:54 AM
BlackRob
Tourer

If you don't mind the floorboards scraping the Heritage handles great. Just loosen up the floorboard bolts so they fold up easily and let them fold up under your feet when you take corners. A lot of people seem to panic when you talk about scraping floorboards but if you can get used to it it's a great handeling bike. I've done several 4,000 mile trips on mine and never had a problem. Plenty of power and comfortable enough to make it from gas stop to gas stop (~150 miles) with no problems. I run it down twisty country roads just as fast as I run sport bikes. A Heritage will easily handle anything short of a track day.

Old 05-08-2010, 06:18 AM
Jabo
Cruiser

I don't think you can beat a Hertiage. I have an 07 and I agree with an earilier poster, if I could pick any Harley for free, I would pick another Hertiage. And yes, I do periodically scrape the floor boards. My wife tells me they are my "lean angle indicators". We went from Raleigh, NC to the middle of Missouri a couple of years ago and it was a comfortable trip. I also enjoy just ridding around town on it.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:06 AM
rugerman1
3rd Gear
Thumbs up

I just bought a 2002 Heritage last week.The 1st ride was all it took for me to fall in love with it.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:00 AM
True Grit
Cruiser

I have an 09 Heritage and am very happy with it. Very comfortable.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:48 AM
Ranfrol
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I went to buy my first Harley sat and rode RK, SG, and ended up buying a 07 Heritage Classic. Love how you sit in and not on top like the RK. The corner thing has not been an issue for me.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:15 AM
DeLuxeLady
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by grumpygy
Wow you say it feels heavy to me its the lights big bike I've ridden.
I didn't mean heavy like hard to handle heavy but as in planted on the road heavy. I think the bigger (FLSTx) front end and wide tire definitely has that planted feeling (that you want if you are highway riding) compared to a Dyna or FXSTC.

Quick Reply: Have question about Heritage Softtail