Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have question about Heritage Softtail

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 05:02 PM
campdreamer47
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile I love my Heritage!!!!!

I believe the heritage is most likely the best all around bike Harley makes. Meaning it's a bar hopper in minutes, it,s a long distance ride right of the show room floor and for two up you don't need to add much either...maybe a tour pack.

It is also nice on the open highways interstate and it handles real nice and you set into it not on it. Now having said that I went down in a 20 mile an hour turn because the bike just would not take that turn at 30. I am not super experienced but I do know I looked into that turn and I could not believe the heritage would not lay down like I though it would. I do not believe it is Harley's best cornering/sharp turning bike. So what don't make the mistake I did and try to push it to hard. By the way both of us and the bike where find....we got right back up and rode another five days with no trouble. One of those ho **** moments for sure.

Campdreamer47

Old 10-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts
Talking

Holy caNOLLY - only 3 weeks on the V rod? What didn't you like about it to trade that quick. Just curious.
I'll second on the Road King Classic along with the Heritage; a nostalgic twist but on the Touring frame for a different feel. Test ride these and any other considerations. One ride = 1000 words. Plus only YOU know what you like. Bon Appetite!

Old 05-07-2010, 11:11 AM
grumpygy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since I have short arms I had to add extended risers to it. Also added a back rest I found on e-bay. The back rest let me keep the stock seat. My back hurts less riding than another form of transport.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok first off --> Heritage Classic rocks, all the softails rock. They are comfortable and ride real good and no handling issues what so ever.

Originally Posted by girlslikechef
...The superglide is stock....but does have stage 1 & vance & hines pipes..But I feel cramped on the bike...My back hurts while rideing the bike..Not sure if just adding some hi-way pegs would fix the problem...
Now to this part of what you wrote. The superglide is longer than the heritage, and has better shocks in the back. No I am not sure if you are uncomfortable on that, if a softail is for you. Maybe first look into changing your riding postion on the glide.

How tall are you? how much do you weigh? Just trying to understand a little better why the glide is not suiting you. Where the handle bars changed on the glide?

I just think that to helpo you figure this out we need more information to better understand the issue. Because at the end of the day all HD bikes ride great and performe well. But riding position and personal preference make the difference.

Good luck

Old 05-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Gman in NC
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is a different thing for each of us. Personally, my Heritage has the best stock seat I've ever had on a bike. I can do 400+ miles in one day and feel great. I was shopping for a Street Glide when I bought my '09' Heritage. Everytime I went to the dealer this one just fit me the best. I'm 5/10" and 160 lbs. The low seat height had a lot to do with it too. Like I said it's different for everyone.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:04 PM
DeLuxeLady
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by flst06
Have you ever thought of test riding before taking the plunge and then deciding you don't like it??? Just a thought.
If you are looking for highway riding, the big front end and the jiggle-free mounted engine of the Heritage will win hands down. But it is a heavier feel (some of us lovvvvvvvve that). Some people like the nimble-ness of a glide and the rubber mounted engine (personally, it would make me have to pee all the time). Without knowing the purpose or your size, it's hard to comment further, but test ride before you buy another...DMV must love you!

Old 05-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Chips
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I walked into the dealer and suddenly lights started flashing....horns blowing...and the announcement "YOU ARE THE 1 MILLIONth CUSTOMER!!!

and I won any bike on the floor....??

I'd pick another Heritage Classic

Old 05-07-2010, 06:39 PM
firecwp
Tourer

I have an '07 Heritage and would like to comment on the cornering topic. Most of the guys I ride with ride Dyna Wide Glides or Fat Bobs. When we hit the curves my Heritage stays right on their a$$! I do scrape foot boards quite often. The boards are made to fold up when you scrape. There is no resistance or feeling that you're going to crash when this happens. You'll hear the scrape and you foot will be pushed up a little. Once you're out of the turn just kick it back down. If you crave more speed/agility than that....you need an R1, not a Harley. I commented on that because it's something you may not experience on your test ride; which you should definately take. Good Luck

Old 05-07-2010, 07:19 PM
grumpygy
Tourer

Originally Posted by DeLuxeLady
If you are looking for highway riding, the big front end and the jiggle-free mounted engine of the Heritage will win hands down. But it is a heavier feel (some of us lovvvvvvvve that). Some people like the nimble-ness of a glide and the rubber mounted engine (personally, it would make me have to pee all the time). Without knowing the purpose or your size, it's hard to comment further, but test ride before you buy another...DMV must love you!

Wow you say it feels heavy to me its the lights big bike I've ridden.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:27 PM
sunrise rider
Cruiser

My Heritage is the nicest bike I've ever owned. I've ridden the road king but I was more comfortable on the Heritage.

Quick Reply: Have question about Heritage Softtail