Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New way to get even more room with your floorboards (kind of long)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 07:29 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default New way to get even more room with your floorboards (kind of long)

Well some of you may have read about my floorboard modification with the HD extended rider floorboards ( P/N 50409-04) and the Harley Goodies extensions. Well my mom gave me her old Mustang seat with riders back rest (she did the springer seat that all the deluxe riders are doing) and I put it on, only problem, it pushed me forward and the extended rider floorboards were a little to close for my liking. So after doing some research I found that Cycle Visions (Local to San Diego thank god) had a floorboard kit called the "Go-Forward" floorboard extension kit that moved the floorboards, shifter arms, kick stand, rear break pedal all 2 inches forward ( http://www.cyclevisions.com/cv-acces...ard-extensions) They also give military discount by the way. So I decided since I'm going to use the Mustang seat, I would try to use the HD Extended rider floorboard pans with the Cycle visions kit and see if it worked. Well it worked out GREAT! I have now successfully move my floorboards 4" forward for a total of 200 bucks, while retaining a stock look. Seems to me that's about as cheap as you can get for that much movement. So here are a few pics.

Just the HD extended rider boards

Cycle visions kit and extended rider boards.

HD extended rider boards

Cycle visions kit and HD extended rider boards

HD extended rider boards

Cycle visions kit and HD extended rider boards

The install was strait forward and pretty easy, the only things to look out for are the kick stand spring, its a real pain in the *** to get back on, and the rear break line, you will either need a new line, or bend the old one (which is what I did) Install took me about an hour and a half, and now I will never have to worry about leg room ever again. I wasn't sure if the Cycle Visions kit would work with the extended rider floorboards, I was afraid they would hit the front fender, but its all good. So if you need more room than stock go with the extended rider floorboard pans, if you need even more spend the $119.00 on the Cycle Visions kit and you will be one happy person.

If anyone has any questions just let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

Last edited by sonar_chris; 09-27-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:37 PM
sherman1125
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your bike is a softail, you can use a standard forward relocation kit, whether pegs or boards. I did it with my Deuce. I changed from pegs to boards as moco sits the pegs too high. Stock boards on the fwd kit are heaven. It provides me a wide range of leg movent.
John

Old 09-27-2008, 08:55 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by sherman1125
If your bike is a softail, you can use a standard forward relocation kit, whether pegs or boards. I did it with my Deuce. I changed from pegs to boards as moco sits the pegs too high. Stock boards on the fwd kit are heaven. It provides me a wide range of leg movent.
John
which kit?

Old 09-27-2008, 08:58 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member

Im kind of curious too, because other than a take off that someone is trying to get rid of, all HD's forward kits on their web site (sorry dont have an 09 catalogue) are over 300 bucks and you get forward controls, not just the bracket.

Last edited by sonar_chris; 12-01-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:20 PM
sherman1125
Intermediate

I bought the Arlen Ness kit way back when,....when moco's didn't come with the new rear brake line. It's a standard 2or 3 bolt pattern that the softie frames take for pegs or boards.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:21 PM
sherman1125
Intermediate

https://www.phatperformanceparts.com...43460&CartID=1

This kit. Says 00- 05 so maybe later softies have a changed frame. The 06's went with the standard/stock Deuce frame so they could do the wide tire.

Last edited by sherman1125; 09-27-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:23 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks comfy, but I already drag my floorboards enough to those one...Nice work Chris.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:24 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the link and another option sherman1125, but that kit is $179.00 and the Cycle Visions kit is only $120.00 (plus they sell a 2" extender that allowed me to keep my buck shot shifter linkage). I would rather bend the break line then pay 60 bucks for a new one.

Last edited by sonar_chris; 09-27-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I moved my floor boards, shifter and brake pedal forward 2" and it really made the bike more comfortable. For the do it yourselfers, it took me about three hours, a bit of scrap steel, a welder and some clear coat spray paint.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:44 PM
FirstRealBike
Cruiser

Taken from website:
"Go-Forward" Floorboard Extensions
This "Go-Forward" moves your floorboards and pedal assembly 2" forward for a more comfortabole feel. Will not work with engine guards on FLSTS or FLSTC Heritage or Springer. Extension plates are made of...."

Man Chris!... You got me all excited until I read the "not for Springers" part... : (
Why is that? Can anyone explain to me what is different about the flooboard part of a Softail frame when it has a Springer front end on it? Is it a neck angle thing, or is it saying it will not work on a Springer with engine guards?...(confused)
@6'9" I need every inch I can get!

Quick Reply: New way to get even more room with your floorboards (kind of long)