Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"DYNO" Numbers For SOFTAILS

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 11:29 AM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 05FATfatty
A dyno tune for $100? Hang around and see how long he takes, and ask questions. It's not hard to tune it quickly for max power at WOT, but I'm sure you want rideability, and reasonable gas mileage at cruising throttle settings. If you're getting a full, incremental custom tune for $100, in my mind that's a bargain. In Australia, a local DynoJet operator charges around $450 for that, and that's about normal over here. That's why I've gone Tmax with auto-tune.
Good luck with it.
Cheers, Mike
Just noticed yours is a carby bike. Are you sure you're not just getting a dyno run to give you a power readout?
Thanks for the heads up, Mike. Its definitely a tune. My buddy took his carby bagger there last weekend and got 2 more hp and 8 more pounds of torque. He said it was the best $100 he spent on his ride so I'm really looking forward to it. I'll hit DynoDave with questions for sure telling him I want street able power with a broad torque curve. Now I'm really lookin forward to the weekend!!!!
Cheers,
Jason.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:16 PM
Wild-deuce
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by socal yankee
Just set aside a time on Friday for a Dyno tune. I just installed a KnN, Mikuni carb, Andrews cams, ECU, on top of already 95" kit and VnH BRs.
I can't wait. Posted numbers to follow.
Dyno Dave in san Fernando Valley is gonna charge me $100. It's worth it, right?!?
Very good Price, way better than Glendale Harley, BUT are they tuning the bike too, or just a dyno check..
OK, I see where there tuning it. I guess FI is more pricey to tune.

Last edited by Wild-deuce; 07-14-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:26 AM
05FATfatty
Advanced

Originally Posted by Wild-deuce
Very good Price, way better than Glendale Harley, BUT are they tuning the bike too, or just a dyno check..
OK, I see where there tuning it. I guess FI is more pricey to tune.
IMHO, fuel injected should be a piece of **** to tune-if the tuner knows what they're doing, and you have a set of target AFR's to aim at. A carby bike needs the jets replacing, and the dyno run repeated, with throttle percentages & revs logged. Can't see that a carby bike would be cheaper. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Cheers, Mike

Old 07-15-2011, 07:31 AM
05FATfatty
Advanced

Thanks for the heads up, Mike. Its definitely a tune. My buddy took his carby bagger there last weekend and got 2 more hp and 8 more pounds of torque. He said it was the best $100 he spent on his ride so I'm really looking forward to it. I'll hit DynoDave with questions for sure telling him I want street able power with a broad torque curve. Now I'm really lookin forward to the weekend!!!!
Cheers,
Jason.
If it's a tune, get it done, and tell all your friends. In Australia, $100 just gets you a dyno run for a power graph. I know a power run should only take 2 minutes (maybe 5 minutes if you include strapping the bike down), but that's the reallity over here.
Cheers, Mike

Old 07-15-2011, 05:54 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior

Okay guys. Here it is.. It was full dyno tune.. DynoDave said one jet was rich and the other was lean causing the motor to run way hot... He made the adjustment and increased horsepower by 8 horses and tq by about 5 foot lbs.. She now is running 77 horses with 93 lbs of torque. She is a lot smoother but crisper throttle response and even more importantly, you could almost lay your hand on the heads after a ride around the block. All for A STRAIGHT UP $100!!!!!
Although the guys were cool as heck and I tipped them $20 to get some beers tonight... Good karma, right?
im now sending all my buds there!
Thanks guys!!!
-Jason

Old 07-15-2011, 06:01 PM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 05FATfatty
If it's a tune, get it done, and tell all your friends. In Australia, $100 just gets you a dyno run for a power graph. I know a power run should only take 2 minutes (maybe 5 minutes if you include strapping the bike down), but that's the reallity over here.
Cheers, Mike
Wow...$20-50 in J-ville

Old 07-15-2011, 06:22 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior

Okay guys. Here it is.. It was full dyno tune.. DynoDave said one jet was rich and the other was lean causing the motor to run way hot... He made the adjustment and increased horsepower by 8 horses and tq by about 5 foot lbs.. She now is running 77 horses with 93 lbs of torque. She is a lot smoother but crisper throttle response and even more importantly, you could almost lay your hand on the heads after a ride around the block. All for A STRAIGHT UP $100!!!!!
Although the guys were cool as heck and I tipped them $20 to get some beers tonight... Good karma, right?
im now sending all my buds there!
Thanks guys!!!
-Jason

Old 07-20-2011, 09:53 AM
Domdart
Novice

I just got a dynotune on my 2011 FLSTC, stage 1 air kit, rush 1.75" slip-ons, & SEPST. Results are 72.09 hp and 83.77 torque. The dealer charged me $168 for three hours labor ($56/hour). They put 43 miles on my bike. Next step will be Big Bore 103 and cams.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:36 AM
jlbeebe
2nd Gear

2009 flstc
Hd screamin eagle 103 stage 4 big bore kit
Vance and hines long shots
Woods tw-400 cams
103.78hp/118.28tq

Old 07-21-2011, 02:24 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior