Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"DYNO" Numbers For SOFTAILS

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 01:00 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nikonf8
I have given this power thing a lot of thought lately and i gets old. these numbers mean nothing think about it your bike is revered up to the max and when there done they hand you a piece of paper that in reality means nothing. one operator will get a totally different set of numbers from the same bike. whats it all mean in the end. a good rider with less can overtake a not so good rider who may not have the ***** to turn it loose.i got a few extra ponies in my bike but do not give it much thought any more. i know guys who have strokers and so what its ok for around town or corner to corner but on them nice all day long rides you can have them. all in all its an ego thing all that power and no where to let it go.i cant think of two many places where i can turn it loose and feel safe and not have to worry about some jerk coming out in front of me as i am going through the gears. all in all its over rated over priced and not accurate if the operator does not really know what he is doing. i have said this before and ill say it again all you have to do is find someone who has what your running and you will be in the same ball park when all is said and done. I am running stage four as harley would call it every thing but a stroker kit which is not recommend on the B engine. any one with this package will and should be in the 100 100 club. no dyno needed to figure this out because the outcome is always in the same ballpark
If they're not recommended on the "B" engine, then why are they made? Better yet, why are they STOCK on the '07 later bikes? You do realize that a 96" motor is the same bore as the 88", but has a stroker crank, right?

Last edited by beaureed445; 04-13-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:38 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

[QUOTE=nikonf8;]I have given this power thing a lot of thought lately and i gets old. these numbers mean nothing think about it your bike is revered up to the max and when there done they hand you a piece of paper that in reality means nothing. one operator will get a totally different set of numbers from the same bike. whats it all mean in the end.

I started this thread not for anyones bragging rights or anything else except to "HELP" those who are new Harley owners, or ones who have never added STG1, pipes or cams.

For those who are lost as to what they want and would like to see what other did and achieved from there mods.

Ur 100% right about it just a piece of paper and the tuner makes a big difference how the dyno tune comes out. Also the statement about the rider makes a diff is too.

Most members don't even know the difference between a STD or SAE tune either..

Hopefully this threads purpose will be to help those who need it.
Also to give anyone somewhere to go to find or see how different mods will affect their motors.
These sheets at least those who post them will show when a cam starts to "comes on",,,, so at least they'll pick one that has the tq in the right RPM range.

.************************************************* *****
Thanks to all who put in there sheets
Ride safe...Oct1949

Old 04-14-2010, 11:57 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default dyno

When i built my motor in 05 it was clearly stated that a stroker was not recommended in the B motor when you went to the harley site and looked up the stroker kit it said it right there not recommended on the B motor. in fact i do not think they even sell it any longer. if you look on line the only ones you see are after market kits. as far as the new 96ci the stroke is not the only thing they changed in that motor there were other part changes i heard like 30 new part numbers . harley was loosing sales to s&s and other high performance motors who were pushing the ci upwards the cheapest way for harley to get bigger was a stroke you said it same engine with a stroke and yes i was aware of that most everybody knows that.I would also like to say that I would rather have the built 95 from the 88 rather than a stock 96CI. the stock 96CI is loaded with epa crap and the 95 should go by it all day long.its like saying your going to build a street leagle 95 from an 88 why bother street leagle would be a waste of good money.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:25 AM
bmc123
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dyno

I have an "08 FXCWC (Rocker) with a 110 race kit with 257 cams, V & H Big Radius Pipes 2-2, SE heavy breather, Thunder Max Auto Tune. Dyno 99hp with 107tq. I have to back off in 3rd gear - me scared.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:11 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nikonf8
When i built my motor in 05 it was clearly stated that a stroker was not recommended in the B motor when you went to the harley site and looked up the stroker kit it said it right there not recommended on the B motor. in fact i do not think they even sell it any longer. if you look on line the only ones you see are after market kits. as far as the new 96ci the stroke is not the only thing they changed in that motor there were other part changes i heard like 30 new part numbers . harley was loosing sales to s&s and other high performance motors who were pushing the ci upwards the cheapest way for harley to get bigger was a stroke you said it same engine with a stroke and yes i was aware of that most everybody knows that.I would also like to say that I would rather have the built 95 from the 88 rather than a stock 96CI. the stock 96CI is loaded with epa crap and the 95 should go by it all day long.its like saying your going to build a street leagle 95 from an 88 why bother street leagle would be a waste of good money.
I couldn't agree more. That's the reason that a lot of people go with aftermarket cams, pistons, and head work. They work better (read- make more power) because they're not trying to please the EPA.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:44 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default dyno

Harley used to sell a lot of performance parts that were not street legal but they have backed off after getting a lot of crap from the epa. all there pipes and slip ons are now street legal back in 05 you could get the pipes or slip ons with the crossed flags on them these were not street legal. EPA has been busting them to stay within the EPA guide lines any thing they sell that is not street legal now will say for racing only. Once you go with the non street legal parts your warranty is gone with Harley. Your dealer will always tell you they will stand behind the work but when it comes to costing them out of pocket Good Luck. DO NOT let anyone tell you your warranty is still good with the addition of non street legal performance parts even if the parts are harley they are wrong.If you buy a new bike and plan on building the motor forget about the extended warranty the motor is no longer covered and i am sure they can find plenty of reasons not to cover other parts of the bike due to the addition of these parts. What i found out is dealers are great when someone else is paying for the work like under warranty. at the point when its comes to your pocket or there's this is when there true colors will show.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:01 PM
07nightrain
Novice

2007 NT
V+H Big Radius Pipes(no baffles)
Stage 1 air cleaner kit
Racekey software
80.3HP
92.9T

Old 04-19-2010, 10:04 PM
VTwinPulse
Cruiser

09 Train
SE Heavy Breather
VH Big Radius 2-2 (w/ BCTs)
SEST
Woods 7H
4 degree advance

88.85HP/96.43TQ

Old 04-20-2010, 08:18 AM
CruzinLow
Cruiser

2008 Night Train
SE 103 CI Stage 3 bolt-on kit includes:
259E cams
Perfect Fit push rods
Heavy duty valve springs
Heavy duty clutch spring
SEST

also:

SE Heavy Breather
D&D Fatcats 2 into 1

All work performed by Old Glory HD in Laurel, MD
Dyno by American Cycle Performance in Glen Burnie, MD

Final result: 95 HP / 110 torque (see attached dyno sheet)

Attached Thumbnails "DYNO" Numbers For SOFTAILS-dyno.jpg  
Old 04-23-2010, 03:44 PM
HDcustom76
Stage I

2009 Softail Custom
The Intial Stock Dyno had me at 60.7 HP....
I added :
V&H Big Radius
HD Screamin Eagle A/C
TTS Master Tune
HP: 78.7
T: 92.6
Thanx to the boys at ROSA'S CYCLE in Huntington,NY..Im very happy with the results!

Quick Reply: "DYNO" Numbers For SOFTAILS