Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turtle Wax Ice

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 09:13 AM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WARG
What do you guys use as a chrome polish? What do you use as a quick detailer for in between when the bike isn't dirty enough for a wash and was?

The Harley Glaze I've been using is for chrome too and I use the Harley Gloss or S100 for a detailer.
I use turtle wax chrome polish if I need to. I ususally dont use it though, because I have found on my bike that if I wipe it down once a week with some S-100 (use in between washes) it usually stays pretty good. I used to use the Honda spray cleaner (which I though was the best) but they stoped selling it for a while in CA because of the EPA and the propellant in the can.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:54 AM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I just priced the turtle wax Ice, man that stuff is expensive. $17.99/bottle. I'll stick with the harley glaze/gloss and the S100 Detailer. Thanks for the info guys.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Snow1989
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For chrome polish, I've been using Blue Magic. *shrug* seems to get everything off including the tar

Old 09-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Dragonsoni
Advanced

I have used the ICE Wax liquid on my bike and car. It doesn't leave any white residue and doesn't attract much dust. You can pretty much wipe it on everything. But I like it more as a detailer not as a wax (clarification using the wax to detail not the Ice detailer). It's like putting armor all on everything and wiping it off. Is true the shine is not long lasting.

For the cars that have black plastic as part of the body its a god send. No I have not tried Zaino.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:57 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

I use ProtectAll in the can I got stealership. I met a guy with a 10 yr old bike that looked brand new and it is what he uses. I have not had to actually "wax" anything yet.

http://www.protectall.com/pawaxlg.htm

Old 09-17-2008, 06:01 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

What do you guys use as a chrome polish? What do you use as a quick detailer for in between when the bike isn't dirty enough for a wash and was?

The Harley Glaze I've been using is for chrome too and I use the Harley Gloss or S100 for a detailer.

Harley gloss is great, and smells damn good too (I use it as after shave)

Try Meguiar's quick detail (the purple bottle) better results than Harley Gloss, leaves a thicker coat but it don't gets and stick in between things like a heavier wax.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:01 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,510 Likes on 22,673 Posts

Mother's works pretty good, and is fairly inexpensive.
Wal Mart sells it.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:17 PM
rinja64
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I used Ice and at first it seemed ok but then it did not seem to last any longer than the Maguires quick detailer. Works good on the cage.
I do agree Ice leaves no residue or polish dust. Every now and then I use the "Once a Year" polish and "Scratch Dr." on the Black paint.
For chrome, most of the time it's just glass cleaner.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:15 AM
Z06_Pilot
Tourer

I use Mother's Chrome Polish about once a month. for quick detailing, Someone turned me onto a concoction of half Zaino Z6 detail spray and half distilled water-wipe on/off with a microfiber. I use it on my chrome on the bike and wheels on my car.....cleans it up fast and really shines due to the Zaino.....

I tried the S100 as a detailer and thought it left a somewhat dull finish compared to my usual method.....

Old 09-18-2008, 09:11 AM
mplecha
Stellar HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by chromedome
Saw a side by side with this vs. Zaino and Meguires NXT vs. Zaino. Zaino blew them out of the water. Top it off with a coat of P21S Carnuba and there's nothing better IMO.

I prefer the Zaino myself. It was made for black paint. It ain't cheap, but it's worth it.

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax Ice