Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The pros and cons of the XBones

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 05:42 PM
MNROD
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BTL
Love my cross bones, the only con I can think of is winter is gonna be here too soon, and wont be able to ride it.

Copy that traffic......

I love the bike.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:03 AM
Ruralmed
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DaNoob
I wante everyones complete honesty. I'm in LOVE with the 2009 Crossbones and I just want to know what everyone thinks about it, or the 2008 if no one knows about the '09. Thanks in advance - John
Pros are the Bones is a really cool bike especially with an old school 42 Pan rear fender.

Cons it's not a Rocker!

Old 06-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Reverend
Tourer

Originally Posted by dc4stroke
As I see it. The biggest "pro" to the Xbone is that it makes a great canvas to start with. I had looked at the 07 FL Springer but just couldn't make it happen. When I saw the Xbone in person I was actually glad I had waited. Detail changes in the basic package had been for the better if you were looking to go "retro". (dash, seat, floorboards, lack of chrome) In order to complete the look I wanted. I had to actually change less. I am still undecided about my relationship with the 200mm rear end. But that's what it has, and the Fatboy fender worked to give it the "FL" look. Other than the blacked out details of my bike. The only "Major" changes were the fenders. With the other details just "reinforcement" to the look.

There are a lot of good looking Xbones out there. I love to see the new pictures that get posted here, and on other boards. And like any other bike. There are people that understand the "art" of the canvas. And there are people that simply bolt on anything they think is cool. With little or no regard to how it might look with the other stuff on the bike
How true!! Sometimes, less is simply more..

Old 06-24-2009, 06:18 PM
KRS
Tourer

This is my opinion.

Pros: Springer front end, 200 rear tire and the bars.
Cons: Needs more black stock, Don't care for the fat front tire (don't like them)... needs a 21". You sit on top of the bike instead of "in it" with the stock seat.

Basically, it should have been a Bad Boy with a 200mm rear tire.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:51 PM
dc4stroke
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Yup

Originally Posted by Reverend
How true!! Sometimes, less is simply more..
Which is reinforced a lot at group gatherings. Not being flashy, my bike sorta blends in to the crowd which thrives on flash. But then you'll watch as someone will notice it and goes bonkers for the whole package. Thier overall reaction is astounding to say the least. And the accolades they give makes the whole thing worth while. Like I've said. I love looking at all the different bones. Heck at all kinds of bikes. But I have never been prouder of any of the bikes I've owned over the last 40+ years.

Now if I can just come up with the funds for a XR1200.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:57 PM
bonedude
6th Gear
Default The little bone sticker on the side

Just picked up a new 2009 Cross Bones today and I like the little skull sticker on the side. It doesn't hurt that it is signed by Willie G (look closely at it). Since Willie designed the bike, the sticker and signed it, that will stay just like it is for as long as I own it. As for other accessories those are TBD when funds permit. Getting the competitive bike trade-in with an extra thousand because I traded in a Suzuki didn't hurt. Harley figures they will make that back on the service and parts they can sell you.

Attached Thumbnails The pros and cons of the XBones-cross-bones.jpg  
Old 03-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Clipper
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do agree that the stock seat "looks" a little weird... but it's comfy as hell. Haven't changed mine yet, and not sure if I will.

I also agree with the PRO's posted so far. It's a great bike.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Clipper
Tourer

... and I'll probably paint the seat pan too.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:22 AM
AThousandHurricanes
Road Master

Love the bike, but it has a little bit of an identity crisis in stock form. I'm still not sure what they intended it to be. I guess that part is up to the new owner. When I saw it, I saw a new take on the bad boy, one of my all time favorite models. Everyone see's something different. That's what makes an HD and HD.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:40 AM
Rakthi
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Hog
The simplist solution, and likely the cheapest. I had mine done by a local Maaco shop for $70. With that said, I do think Whiteguys leather treatment is top shelf.

HD must have seen this, just noticed they now have a glossy one in their accessory catalog;
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Quick Reply: The pros and cons of the XBones