Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The pros and cons of the XBones

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 05:36 PM
♠AceOfSpades♠
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bottom line here is you said you saw it and you were in love. You want to get the bike your passionate about. Any other bike in the shop shouldnt be able to match the bike you choose. They will all have pros and cons, but if the cross bones catches your eye above all else then get it. Some one made a good point too.. save 1k to fix any cons, and add some unique things to it to make it your own.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:30 PM
6165hd
Road Captain

I can't really say anymore than what has been said about the bones...........It friggen Rocks,!!!!!
I ride both street and highway, use it to go to work,,, so Im not just a weekend warrior on the bones. The wife doesn't ride, so its all solo..........

Smooth as butter on highway! That large front tire handles everything through ripples, potholes, tracks etc.

Braking on the bones, is a matter of getting use to,,, it likes to use both rear and front, had no issues..........

Seat: Once broken in in like riding a 70"s caddy......

Have a SE tuner and SE airflow kit before you leave the dealer,

Peace out!!! and good luck and congratulations on your new bones....

Old 09-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Crossbones
Road Master

i love mine too. put some V&H straightshots on, otherwise kept it stock. the only downside i feel is the plastic under the seat (what a joke!!!). i don't understand why people change the seat out, i think it kills the look it was designed for. but, to each their own...

Old 09-13-2008, 08:55 PM
White Guy
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HaloFan
WhiteGuy, I thought I read that you were out of the cover making business. I recall you selling your last 2 a few months back. Are you back in business?
Well, we're in the process of finding a leather worker, and get more made. Jason just can't do anymore with his schedule. Takes him about 8 hours to do one. I'm hoping to get a whack of em made, so all you bones guys can have the cover. It honestly looks like it's meant to be stock.. Anyway, if I get some made, you guys will be the first to know..

WG

Old 09-13-2008, 09:43 PM
6165hd
Road Captain

keep it real.... $65-$70.00 an hour for the leather work,,,, no different than a harley dealer oil change........

Old 09-14-2008, 12:34 AM
FirstRealBike
Cruiser

CON:
When your ridin' solo which IMO is how this bike needs to stay, and the HOTTEST pair of chicks come up to you as your leavin' the hangout beggin' you to give them each a ride...
: (...

Last edited by FirstRealBike; 09-14-2008 at 01:19 AM.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:14 AM
ratatude
Cruiser
Wink

lovin my 08 ... liked the spring seat but it sat me up to0 high and too forward. Put on a
mammoth Sloth. like it a lot better,,,

Rat

Old 09-14-2008, 12:17 PM
xkvator
Tourer

I really like mine...fun to ride...have an '06 Ultra for the longer trips, or when i need the bags...
i changed the seat, as others said, sets me up too high, and at 5'10", had to reach for the jiffy stand...

not puttin' too much on it...i have the sissy bar, which i'm makin' non-detachable, and welding a fender rack i'm makin' out of tubing, to the front of it...

probly go with a black Thunderheader...i like the Samson renegades, too, but you have to move the turn signals...
and the TTS(makers of the original SERT)...

maybe 103" & cams sometime down the road...

picked up a vibration about 150 miles ago, between 40 & 50 most noticable to me...

Old 09-14-2008, 11:01 PM
xbonz
Cruiser

I absolutely love my Cross Bones... only thing that I don't like is the locatoin of the passenger pegs (right side).

Old 09-15-2008, 12:12 AM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pros:
1. Bike rides like a dream.
2. Springer front end handles exceptionally well.
3. Seat springs actually function well. I'm not sure where the comment comes from about it hurting the ride. Absolutely untrue.
4. Bike drives like a stream roller with the fat tires up front and in the rear. Doesn't track in lines on the road <I haven't heard anyone mention this major +>.
5. People seem to be drawn to the bike.

Cons:
1. Seat height is high. If you're tall, you'll be fine. If you're short, change the seat.
2. Floor boards drag on corners as they sit lower than a standard floor board.

I absolutely love mine. I wouldn't trade it for nothing.

now....go buy yours and post pics.

Dave

Quick Reply: The pros and cons of the XBones