Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The pros and cons of the XBones

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 02:18 PM
FirstRealBike
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CON:
The Bone's has become quite popular... I am no longer the only guy in (my) town that own's one!
So plan on having to save up an extra grand or so to make your's unique and don't forget to post some pic's as you go!

Old 09-11-2008, 02:44 PM
travis dasher
Road Captain

Got almost 4000 miles on mine and no complaints. The only con is the plastic cover under the seat, but like Halo said WG has that covered. The ride is comfortable and the bike looks killer. Endless possibilities with this bike. I dont really like the cartoon skull and crossbones on the new one, but that was one of the original design ideas when the Crossbones was in production. So it has some meaning. I think it would look better if it was more of a Jolly Roger style skull and crossbones. I enjoy looking at everyone's Bones and seeing the originality of each rider. Fishtails, skirt blowers, 16" apes, Bags, slammed, bobbed, the possibilities are endless. Get one and make it yours, you wont regret it.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:54 PM
HDChloe
Road Captain

I F##K'N love my Cross Bones! I have had a few H-D's now (including a Street Glide; touring bike). I will own my Cross Bones until the day I die (hopefully doing what I love: riding my Cross Bones).

The cons: The seat springs really should be 2" instead of 3". I am 2' tall so this might be the problem. j/k. The biggest problem is deciding what direction you want to take the bike. I am trying to decide if I want black pipes or chrome pipes. I want saddlebags to complete the look, but some don't. I want 16" Ape handlebars, but the stock bars are great. I could go on and on.

The biggest problem: I spend WAY too much time thinking about my bike.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:08 PM
whylee
Road Warrior
Received 346 Likes on 246 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by HDChloe
I F##K'N love my Cross Bones! I have had a few H-D's now (including a Street Glide; touring bike). I will own my Cross Bones until the day I die (hopefully doing what I love: riding my Cross Bones).

The cons: The seat springs really should be 2" instead of 3". I am 2' tall so this might be the problem. j/k. The biggest problem is deciding what direction you want to take the bike. I am trying to decide if I want black pipes or chrome pipes. I want saddlebags to complete the look, but some don't. I want 16" Ape handlebars, but the stock bars are great. I could go on and on.

The biggest problem: I spend WAY too much time thinking about my bike.
Wow, your pretty short there !!!!

Old 09-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Prot
Club Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 15,815 Likes on 6,704 Posts

I'm going to be the odd man out. You mentioned that $20K is a steep price of admission. I agree. Have you considered a Bad Boy? They were built only from 1995-1997 and in my opinion are a very cool looking bike. You can find them for half the price of the bones or sometimes even less. That leaves a lot of money left in your pocket for modifications.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:41 PM
wydgage
Advanced

Halo, wanna put some pictures up please? Your bike sounds pretty sick and I'd like to see it :]

Old 09-11-2008, 06:43 PM
DaNoob
Novice

Oops hahaha I was on my dads T_T

Old 09-11-2008, 06:45 PM
BTL
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love my cross bones, the only con I can think of is winter is gonna be here too soon, and wont be able to ride it.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:48 PM
DaNoob
Novice

Hahahaha well I'm in California. I don't have to worry about that haha

Old 09-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't own a X bones (got a Rocker C instead) but I love the look of that bike.

Quick Reply: The pros and cons of the XBones