Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The pros and cons of the XBones

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 08:37 PM
tA_GTA
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pros and cons (x bones)

Well the cross bones is my first ever bike, its an 08. After test riding many bikes from different manufacturers it was clearly a stand out bike i had to have, heres why:

Pros: Not to many around, hardtail look to the bike, springer front end you can watch bounce up and down while riding haha, the sprung seat actually makes the ride more comfy, im 5'11 182lbs and did'nt have to adjust a damn thing on the bike, Always gets compliments, cool looking shotgun exhaust, you can dress it up for touring or chrome it up or black it out!

Cons: Floorboard scaping and expensive windshields due to it being a springer.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Nick1
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

saw the hd documentary tonite and the coil/spring things under the handelbars was on some of the earliest bikes hd made, very cool.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:34 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the pro....its sick
the con.....you dont have one,

all in all go get it your minds already set

Old 03-12-2010, 06:55 AM
PRrdglide
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

As for as a con goes . The only one that I have is that the Heal shifter would catch my pant leg. Any body know were you can get a nice single toe shifter? Harley only sells in pairs. I want the black slotted one. I am lucky enough to have a couple of bikes to ride and as far as a fun bike to ride this is got to be my favorite.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Clipper
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PRrdglide
As for as a con goes . The only one that I have is that the Heal shifter would catch my pant leg. Any body know were you can get a nice single toe shifter? Harley only sells in pairs. I want the black slotted one. I am lucky enough to have a couple of bikes to ride and as far as a fun bike to ride this is got to be my favorite.
A single toe shifter? ...kinda like the result of removing the heal shifter portion of the assembly?

Battistinis has some "hole" design stuff.

Last edited by Clipper; 03-12-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:28 AM
Hokie_HD
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After owning a Ninja and SV1000S, this is my first Harley. I have an 09 XBones.

Pros: "Old School" styling, VERY comfortable, a TON of aftermarket accessories, great dealer (Whitt's in Manassas, VA)

Cons: It sits a tad bit high for me (5'7"), but not enough to be an issue. Any service on the bike is going to be more expensive than I'm used to, but I knew that going in.

Coming from a sportbike you have to remember it's easy to scrape the floorboards (more of an adjustment in your riding style than a "con")

You can't beat the styling and character of this motorcycle. This is the first time I've actually had a smile on my face after a long ride.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:34 AM
bmr
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by travelsfardoyle

Have an '09 Cross Bones
Pros: Great Bike, rides good, love the styling
Cons: Seat, not comfortable, Floorboards, Have injuries, floorboards put my legs at the wrong angle for distance over 20 miles.

Changed the seat out, the "Bicycle Seat was way to far above the bike for me, put on the Custom seat with stitching, looks good, bike is more responsive being lower down now.
Samson blacked out pipes
Added another Headlight, looks good and is practical, lot of deer in my area
Roland Sands Air Intake, Download, Forward extensions, is going to the shop, tins, fenders, oil tank going for paint!!! can't wait!! Oh, custom sissy bar being done now!
I've thinking of doing the dual head lights. Can you post a pic of the front view and maybe some close ups of the mount? Thanks.