Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need An Assist on Security System 07 Softail

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 05:32 PM
07FXSTC
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hogdiver96
Glad he got that sorted but now begs the question...can anybody just re-set my bike to manufactuers by-pass and ride off on my bike? i never lock it always rely on the fob
Only way to RESET is to have the FOB near the bike when doing so. A person can't just walk up and reset.

They can, however, walk up and DISARM if they use the factory default of 11111 or if the HD dealer has RESET the PIN as the last five digits of the VIN (its right there on the frame downtube for their reference).

That's why I think it's critical to set your own PIN. (Use a special date that has five digits...example: your son's birthday is June 25, 1999... code is 62599)

In helping out TK, I just assumed he had never set the PIN because of the fact that he seemed unaware of the feature. I guess luckily for him no one had ever reset the PIN from the 11111. BTW he did say it worked and he was on his way.

Answer is if you don't lock your bike and forks, someone could walk up, DISARM the security and ride off. Here in Memphis it doesn't matter, they want your bike, they pick it up and take it. Alarm security and locks are not going to stop a real thief. These features are there to keep the honest people from being tempted.

Last edited by 07FXSTC; 09-06-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Hidalgo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hogdiver96
Unless i have misunderstood this what he actually did was RESET it back to default from an unknown security number.....................
No, it can't be "reset" back to default as you are thinking unless the fob is close by. Like has already been said, the bike came from the factory set at "11111". And it remains that way until either the selling dealer or the purchaser changes it to something else. Then, the new code is the only code that will do you, or anyone else, any good. If the OP had changed his code (as everyone should) and then forgotten it, he would have been in a REAL mess, and the dealer would have been his only option without the fob in hand. In this particular case, he was fortunate that he hadn't changed the default code. In order to change the code to something else, the fob has to be near the bike.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:24 PM
letacur
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 07FXSTC
Well guys....we either helped out a guy in need.....OR we just became accessories to felony!!!

LOL you crack me up!!