Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What colour is my bike?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009 | 12:19 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior

Caddyman....... yea, H.O.G.

Old 02-25-2009 | 12:41 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior

Caddyman........ All the 2007 models produced by Harley were mfg to run leaner.....to pass the U.S.A. emissions standards. What they're finding out is the bikes are running MUCH HOTTER than they had been. Some have purchased heat shields ( if available on their models).....because when standing in traffic, in the summer months, it's almost unbearible for the rider. Many complaints have been filed by people thinking there was something wrong with their bike. Now couple that with rush hour traffic on asphalt in the summer.......well, you understand. Now add the extra heat being added by using fuel mixed with ethanol and you can really get your oil temp heated up big time.
In the U.S.A., not all gas stations are required to visibly post whether their fuel contains any % of ethanol. You have to literally ask the station attendent. They do have to post it if it's E85 though since it contains 85% alcohol and only 15% gasoline. As far as I know Shell VPower does not contain any alcohol.
Anyway, I noticed you had a 2007 so I wanted to alert you to the excessive heating problem......and what fuel Harley recommends to get the best performance.
Post some photos this spring of that beautiful lush green Irish countryside and that Fire Engine Red bike!!!

Old 02-25-2009 | 03:35 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member

Some type of Red

Old 03-06-2009 | 08:21 AM
caddyman
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tmitchellof PG
What model pipes do you have? You should be able to order quieter baffles for them, if you think the exhaust volume is a bit too loud. Usually the quiet baffles will give you a bit better performance, sound deeper and are still a lot louder then the stock HD exhaust.
Tom
They are Vance and Hines' Big Shots Long Pipes which I fell for the minute I saw them. Thanks for the info on the baffles but I really love that they are so loud but if the cops tell me to quiten them down then I will take your advice and put in the quite baffles.

http://www.vanceandhines.com/product...shotslong.html

Old 03-06-2009 | 08:48 AM
caddyman
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LWOS
Caddyman........ All the 2007 models produced by Harley were mfg to run leaner.....to pass the U.S.A. emissions standards. What they're finding out is the bikes are running MUCH HOTTER than they had been. Some have purchased heat shields ( if available on their models).....because when standing in traffic, in the summer months, it's almost unbearible for the rider. Many complaints have been filed by people thinking there was something wrong with their bike. Now couple that with rush hour traffic on asphalt in the summer.......well, you understand. Now add the extra heat being added by using fuel mixed with ethanol and you can really get your oil temp heated up big time.
In the U.S.A., not all gas stations are required to visibly post whether their fuel contains any % of ethanol. You have to literally ask the station attendent. They do have to post it if it's E85 though since it contains 85% alcohol and only 15% gasoline. As far as I know Shell VPower does not contain any alcohol.
Anyway, I noticed you had a 2007 so I wanted to alert you to the excessive heating problem......and what fuel Harley recommends to get the best performance.
Post some photos this spring of that beautiful lush green Irish countryside and that Fire Engine Red bike!!!
Thanks again for the advice but as its currently about 34F outside its not something that will bother me for a few months!!!!!

Here are a few photos of the Green Country I took myself in the past few months;

These first two are from a Vintage Tractor and Car Show in Moynalty Co Meath last August. This is how we have a Green Country, it never stops Raining!!

This next one is taken in a Village called Mullagh Co Cavan last September when it didn't actually rain for the first half of the day! They close the Village for this one day a year to have a FAIR DAY and a Vintage Display and yes the Roller is my other pride and Joy!;

If you like these I have plenty more............

Old 03-06-2009 | 10:08 PM
oct1949
Club Member

Well it doesnt look like anything in the stock 07 paint, so I think I ll say as others.. RED.

Old 03-06-2009 | 10:37 PM
Blues Rocker
Intermediate

Don't know if this would help, but it is the color catalog for 2007 Harley Davidsons:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...olor-Maint.pdf

I scanned the link but didn't have time to find the exact color. Perhaps you'll be able to come up with the exact color match.

Old 03-07-2009 | 08:41 AM
HogHugger
Intermediate

I'm willing to bet that lighting, camera quality, and your own monitor contribute to the difference in color-tone qualities ... it's a great bike either way - best of luck!