Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What colour is my bike?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008 | 05:47 AM
caddyman
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Other Sheep
Just ride it over to your local fire department when you get it and ask them. Bet you'll be the talk of the station for days.

That sounds like a plan! I will bring a camera and post some photos as I am pretty sure that there is no other one in Ireland!!!

Old 09-08-2008 | 07:27 AM
jknowlton
Road Master

congrats on it..

I would call the Daytona dealer and ask them for specifics mang!

Old 09-10-2008 | 08:41 PM
FL DEUCE
Road Master

Originally Posted by ptibowie
I like the white. I was hoping they would make the Softail Custom in white for '09 so I could see what one would look like.
I'd like to see the Custom in white too. Post a pic if you get one.

Old 02-24-2009 | 05:55 AM
caddyman
|
Intermediate
Default Long overdue photo of my bike in Ireland...

I finally got the bike home to Ireland around the middle of October but between the wettest and then the coldest weather here for 90 years it didn't get much use but I did manage to get out for 9 or 10 rides between the snow and ice! It just had its first service and I had heated grips fitted which are the greatest extra you can put on a bike over here, I actually can feel the controls now instead of just looking to see where my hands are on the bike!!
The pipes I got fitted in Daytona are the loudest thing I ever heard over here and I get everyones attention when I am out riding especially through the small towns and villages, the wait was worth it and I am looking forward to the weather getting better and to get as many rides in as possible!

Thanks everyone again for all your help,

Caddyman

Attached Thumbnails What colour is my bike?-heritage-softail.medium.jpg  
Old 02-24-2009 | 09:01 AM
BLK08ROCKERC
Road Captain

Looking good. I love the firefighter editions!! Glad to see you got it acroos the pond ok.

Old 02-24-2009 | 12:15 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior

Hey Caddyman.......so much for our Al Gore's Global warming theory....... coldest and wettest in 90 years eh?

If no one's mentioned to you......do youself a big favor and use PREMIUM Petrol in your bike..and if you they have Shell in Ireland, their Premium V Power is what many riders use. Never use E85 ethanol blend if they sell it over there. I've also read studies that any gas/petrol mixed with even 10% ethanol will reduce mileage/kilometers by at least 10% if not more. The ethanol seems to contribute to excessive heating of the engines from what I've read.
Lets all hope an early spring arrives for those of us who live in Northern Climates...... this winter's really been a long.

Old 02-25-2009 | 05:51 AM
caddyman
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LWOS
Hey Caddyman.......so much for our Al Gore's Global warming theory....... coldest and wettest in 90 years eh?

If no one's mentioned to you......do youself a big favor and use PREMIUM Petrol in your bike..and if you they have Shell in Ireland, their Premium V Power is what many riders use. Never use E85 ethanol blend if they sell it over there. I've also read studies that any gas/petrol mixed with even 10% ethanol will reduce mileage/kilometers by at least 10% if not more. The ethanol seems to contribute to excessive heating of the engines from what I've read.
Lets all hope an early spring arrives for those of us who live in Northern Climates...... this winter's really been a long.

Thanks LWOS, I will experiment with using the Shell Premium V brand the first chance I get, the nearest Shell station to me is in County Louth in a town called Ardee aout 13 miles from me so when she needs a fill up i will try it out and let you know what differences I see! I don't think there is an ethanol ststion anywhere within 50 miles of me but even if I used it HEAT will never be a problem in Ireland!!! Thanks for the tips, Caddyman

Old 02-25-2009 | 10:01 AM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by caddyman
The pipes I got fitted in Daytona are the loudest thing I ever heard over here and I get everyones attention when I am out riding especially through the small towns and villages, the wait was worth it and I am looking forward to the weather getting better and to get as many rides in as possible!

Thanks everyone again for all your help,

Caddyman
What model pipes do you have? You should be able to order quieter baffles for them, if you think the exhaust volume is a bit too loud. Usually the quiet baffles will give you a bit better performance, sound deeper and are still a lot louder then the stock HD exhaust.
Tom

Old 02-25-2009 | 12:05 PM
NC Pirate
Road Master

Beautiful bike, Congrats !

Old 02-25-2009 | 12:18 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior

Hey NC Pirate.......
Very nice looking bike....... BTW what pipes do you have on that Bad Boy Fat Boy?
They look a like V&H Double Barrels. Are they by any chance?

Quick Reply: What colour is my bike?