Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rider's Backrest for Deluxe Seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 07:39 PM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl
Yes, I like the looks of the low pad too. Think I'll give it a shot. Hopefully a bidding war won't ensue. I'll wait 'til shortly before it closes to bid. Thanks for the heads up and the link.
It's called "lurking". I do it all the time (with great success BTW). Just remember........ there may be more lurkers, so give yourself enough time to do a second bid if necessary.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Dinger
Road Master

You're welcome! I always enjoy passing good information on to those that can use it!

I'm sure the auction will jump near the end as some people have auto-bidding software.

My recommendation is wait a little and watch the auction then decide on the maximum you'd be willing to spend on the pad and enter a bid that's close. If someone outbids you then bid your max. If you win with a max bid, you'll only pay the incremental minimum bid over the previous bid.

If you lose, I'm sure someone else will auction another pad eventually!

Good luck and please keep me posted!

Old 09-04-2008, 11:21 PM
Dinger
Road Master

Low Pad sold for $167.50. Not a bad deal.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:15 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Well it does bite just a little. That's alot of money for that little pad, but I did get it. Thanks for turning me on to it.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:15 AM
Dinger
Road Master

Did you really win the auction?

Congratulations!

Use a little thread lock on your assembly screws and go for a ride!

Please post your thoughts on the way it feels.

Dinger!

Old 09-05-2008, 09:24 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks. Yes sir, I really did and yes, plan to use some purple locktite to help hold the screws on. Will let you know once I get it and have ridden in it. ~Karen

Old 09-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Artemus
4th Gear
Default Low backrest and Springer seat

Hey gang,

I got the Springer seat and rail from Chicago Harley in July, and then found a low pad right here in FL in August. My local dealer did a parts search, second dealer I called had the low backrest (one), even gave me the military discount, totalled with shipping $81. No one had the taller one. So before you hit on EBAY, make some calls, the low backrest is still out there in stock.

I am 5' 10", 195 lbs. As far as comfort goes, I agree with most reviewers that the Springer seat is a much more comfortable ride. It is not "beveled" in the back. So the position is more relaxed. Sit back a couple inches, not much higher. With the low backrest mounted, it moved me forward again to about where I was sitting with the stock seat. What I feel with the low backrest on is basically a bit more secure in the saddle, you can't slide back. Looks good, sure. Better fit than without? Well I am still undecided. It gives minimal lower back support. It is fine on my 50 minute commute. But I need to take a couple hour ride to be sure I really, really, really like it.

Artemus

Old 09-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Dinger
Road Master

Originally Posted by Artemus
I got the Springer seat and rail from Chicago Harley in July, and then found a low pad right here in FL in August. My local dealer did a parts search, second dealer I called had the low backrest (one), even gave me the military discount, totalled with shipping $81. No one had the taller one. So before you hit on EBAY, make some calls, the low backrest is still out there in stock.
We could have used this information before GeorgiaGirl started to bid for her pad....

Old 09-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Jerseytwin
Tourer

Karen, you'll like the pad.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:52 PM
chromedome
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the small pad from a dealer in NY. They had one and only one. My dealer did a dealer search and came up with a possible 28 dealers (or so). I called everyone and only the one in NY actually had the pad. The dealer search is a good start but by no means a sure bet. Just keep calling and you might stumble upon one.

I think the price that Georgiagirl got the pad at is pretty good. I've seen them go for more than that.

Quick Reply: Rider's Backrest for Deluxe Seats