Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I tried out a cross-bones today, and..

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008 | 08:22 PM
07FXSTC
Tourer

IMO the X bones looks like a bunch of parts thrown together...however, I think that was the goal. For the money, at the very least it should have its own sheet metal, specifically the rear fender.

Old 08-31-2008 | 09:39 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member

I rode my Fatboy today...and still love it.

As far as the spring seat goes, I think it adds a bit of uniqueness to the bike. I wish they made one that fit my 06.

Old 08-31-2008 | 09:51 PM
HDChloe
Road Captain

I just traded my Street Glide in for my X Bones. THe BEST thing I have done for myself in a long time. The SG just started making me feel disconnected from the road. Don't get me wrong, it was a touring bike (and a great looking one at that), but that fairing just started making me lose the connected feeling I had before I got it.

The X Bones brought it back in a big way. I love every single second I am on or even around the bike.

I rode 300 miles today heading straight north in a 30+mph straight south wind. The Springer front end handled the wind great. Heck, I didn't even have a windshield.

Regarding storage: A sissy bar and saddlebags will take care of everything you need. You don't need anyone hear to tell you what to do, but you won't be sorry if you get the Bones.

Old 09-01-2008 | 11:24 AM
Reverend
|
Tourer

Well, I went over and sat with my dealer's salesman this afternoon and had a chat over a hot chocolate. Seems my 'Glide has lost around a third of it's value in the short period of time I've had it, which is a damned sight more than I origionally thought, so I think the opportunity ends here....But....

...the seed's been sown.

Thanks guys.

The Reverend Steve

Old 09-01-2008 | 11:50 AM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Talking

Yep, trade in value is a biatch. I guess it's more valuable to you than anyone else, oh well, the alternative is you are "stuck" with a sweeeet bike. I guess you'll just have to make due. I wish all my problems were like this.

Old 09-01-2008 | 11:55 AM
agapsdiver
Road Master

Originally Posted by Reverend
Well, I went over and sat with my dealer's salesman this afternoon and had a chat over a hot chocolate. Seems my 'Glide has lost around a third of it's value in the short period of time I've had it, which is a damned sight more than I origionally thought, so I think the opportunity ends here....But....

...the seed's been sown.

Thanks guys.

The Reverend Steve
Sell it on ebay or your local Craig's list...then get your CrossBones.

Old 09-01-2008 | 12:09 PM
megawatt
Road Warrior

Reverend,
Have you checked what folks are asking for bikes like yours when they sell it themselves? You know the dealer is gonna hose ya on a trade-in.
Of course, I still think ya ought to heat up yer engine a bit to get some more zip outta the girl. Then maybe you won't want to change bikes...

Old 09-01-2008 | 12:27 PM
itwtony
Stage III
Default crossbones

For those that have ridden one. How are the footboards ? I heard the angle was not too good?

Old 09-01-2008 | 05:05 PM
HDChloe
Road Captain

I got $14,500 for trade in on my Street Glide when I traded in for my Cross Bones. It was an 06 that was mostly stock.

NADA Value: $11,300
Blue Book: $11,100
Knowing the fact that the Street Glide is the most popular model and my dealer can't keep them on the floor: $14,500

Old 09-01-2008 | 05:18 PM
xbonz
Cruiser

I own an 08 cross bones... put 900 on it in a weekend trip. It does quite well for touring. Got saddle bags and a t bag for the sissy bar and it does quite well with storage. The floor boards are good on it. If I get a good stretch and really get back on the seat, it is very comfy.

Quick Reply: So I tried out a cross-bones today, and..