Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Nacelle on Heritage Softail Classic

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Colin1966
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

hey Axe1964,

the Rick Doss kit I had looked like the HD kit as far as quality but the Doss kit required you to install the cow bells or you would have a 1/2" cap betwwen the bottom of the Nacelle and the stock cow bells. I think it would look better with the Doss cow bells as the HD nacelle sits on top of the stock cow bells. (hope this make sense )

I know of a guy locally that had an HD kit for sale a while back but he wants $250 pls shipping I am pretty sure it came on an 06 Heritage???

Colin

Old 05-12-2010, 09:19 PM
casadelray
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running Lights?

The nacelle looks great. But can anyone tell me if you can install the nacelle and have the running lights to? I've the description on several and they say no. I'm certain I've seen bikes with both. Thoughts?

Old 05-12-2010, 09:44 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Spot lights? Auxiliary passing lamps?

See my signature. No problem,

Mimo.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:56 PM
DeLuxeLady
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That was my question. Mimo, do you have a pic from the front? Are those the same as the Deluxe passing lamps, or a different set up?

Thanks!

Old 05-12-2010, 11:13 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

Of course.

Name:  DSC00371.jpg
Views: 4694
Size:  54.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0061R.jpg
Views: 5834
Size:  187.4 KB

No, not the same passing lamps than the ones on the Deluxe (the Deluxe was not around back in 1999 when I purchased and made the first mods on my bike). I'm sure you won't have a problem fitting the nacelle with your passing lamps set, I've seen many in here with both mods. Some of the passing lamp kits I've seen (from the MoCo) for the Deluxe, come in two separate racks (left-right) to bolt on the forks and in which the spot lamps are mounted. Mine is a single piece array. I have all three mods in my bike (deatachable windshield, nacelle and passing lamps) no conflict at all in between all hardware involved.

Mimo.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:49 AM
DeLuxeLady
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome, thank you so much...looks sweeet! I want one (but may wait until winter)! I LOVE the look.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:01 AM
aggro_jo
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You need to use a nacelle kit made for softails on a softail (not the RK kit). HD's kit is very high quality and I am pretty sure the HD Freight Train Nacelle will fit with a FLSTN light bar.

Minor trimming and hardware substitutions will be necessary. (It should go without saying but, if you get it installed and it "rattles" you've done something wrong )

edit*** Didn't notice that this is an old thread that got resurrected, just trying to clarify a few issues for future reference***

Last edited by aggro_jo; 05-13-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:26 AM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by aggro_jo
You need to use a nacelle kit made for softails on a softail (not the RK kit). HD's kit is very high quality and I am pretty sure the HD Freight Train Nacelle will fit with a FLSTN light bar.

Minor trimming and hardware substitutions will be necessary. (It should go without saying but, if you get it installed and it "rattles" you've done something wrong )

edit*** Didn't notice that this is an old thread that got resurrected, just trying to clarify a few issues for future reference***
Exactly, I think that people call it Road King's Nacelle because the RK comes with it from factory. But there is a special kit for softails (which is even nicer IMO than the OEM from the RK, the one on the RK has a nasty hole behind it, where the triple tree meets the frame).

Mimo.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:31 AM
firecwp
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It will fit with an additional hardware kit. Check the Harley site.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:53 PM
aggro_jo
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by firecwp
It will fit with an additional hardware kit. Check the Harley site.
incorrect.

The additional hardware kit addresses detachable windshields and the HERITAGE light bar, not the DELUXE light bar. trust me, if you have the later, you will be doing some grinding.

Mimo, correct as always sir, and the sled is lookin good!

Quick Reply: Road King Nacelle on Heritage Softail Classic