Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purchasing a cross bones today

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Redbeard
Stellar HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by JCFLHRS07
Ok just got back from the dealer, made the deal and pick the bike up tommorrow, wanted to much for the exhaust, fuel pack, and air filter, $1500, service guys told me the bike has to be dyno`ed, thats why its so much, Never had the 07 RKC dyno`ed runs just fine and sounds mean, but to every cinderella story there is a flip side, had to give up my 05 Bigdog, I think I`ll be happier with the harley!
A lot of folks have those pipes. Depending on what fuel management you use, someone will be able to give you the proper settings for your application, and installation is not that hard.
Congrats on the new bike! I saw a blue one at the dealer recently and was very impressed.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:20 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Service at 500 miles... guess I didn't get that memo... but did pay the rediculous $250.00 1k service... which I will never do again...

I have the short shots on mine... I am not all that impressed with them... yeah they are loud... but thats about all I can say for them...

The bike is sweet and get a lot of compliments on it, but not real impressed with H-D getting the bike just right... There are some issues with the bike... I am having problems with H-D admitting that they exist... Go figure....

Charlie D.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:38 AM
ozzy07840
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

id put the shortshots and the fuel pak and filter on yourself it aint that hard and it will save you some bucks i think it cost me 700 for everything ,you dont have to dyno it ,the stealer will tell you anything for cash in there pocket !!!

Old 08-29-2008, 09:27 AM
storshaa
1st Gear

I love my 08 X-Bones, Rode almost 2K now, I did have a problem, that I put that Little **** ant (COOL LOOKING) windshield on it, and immediatly took it off due the wind would hit me at my chin, I guess I also missed the memo on the 500 Mile springer check up. I do not regret getting this bike instead of a "COMFORT GLIDE" touring bike. I put the V&H sideshots, they are louder than the Big Radius that several of my buddies have, but HELL that what I bought a Harley for.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:21 PM
xkvator
Tourer

just over 500 on mine...

i'm changin' oils myself this weekend...don't like to wait till 1000 for the first one...

asked the dealer about the 500 mile springer svs.(which the correct owners manual lists), and they said wait till the 1K...

i have a svs. manual waiting for me to pick it up at another dealer...i think i'll just do it myself...

Old 08-29-2008, 01:22 PM
jknowlton
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

great choice of color mang!!..good luck and let the mods begin!

Old 08-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Make sue you Lube the Stem!

dbleagle... what Issues should we be watching out for?
the only issue I had was a little front wheel wobble that I took care of by tightening a few spokes...

Old 08-29-2008, 08:53 PM
BigBones
Advanced

I called Jamie at Fuel Moto and he sent me a whole package(Slip-ons, Cleaner, and PC III). It was right the first time, meaning no decel popping. Good luck with your choice.

I agree with Eagle there is a few little qirks that need worked out(handle bars moving). But the good out weighs the bad by a mile.

Lastly the Service Manual is your best friend! Congrats on your new ride

Old 08-30-2008, 12:08 AM
BluBob
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JCFLHRS07
bike has to be dyno`ed,
How do you dyno a bike with a FuelPak on it? I thought you just used the canned maps from V&H?

Old 08-30-2008, 03:34 AM
2099d
Cruiser

Congrats on your new ride i bought mine about a month ago, haven't change out pipes yet I do want more sound. I'm thinking about the vance and hines shorts,i did add a set of bags for it, changes the stance a bit more I like the look. The bike is bad azz out the box.

Quick Reply: Purchasing a cross bones today