Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild 1 500 Bars install quote

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 09:53 AM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by aviscomi
My Wild1 500 Bars will be delivered today, so I called my local stealer for a labor quote and he said 4-5 hours! Is he f@#$ing high or does it really take that long?
It could take that long especially if you have to swap out cables and rewire. I did mine in a couple hours.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Tin Gizel
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doing the internal wiring is a breeze if you get an extension kit, pulling the pins out individually will take you like 2 minutes tops.

Do it yourself...it's not hard....and you'll kick yourself in the butt for even thinking of paying someone else to do it when you're done.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:53 AM
jefnightrain
Tourer

I got my local indy to install some DS big buffalo bars on my night train. Bars, internally run wiring & installation were $380. The local HD dealer quoted me $670 for street slammers. The local guy is on the cover of this months V Twin magazine. I hope his hourly rate doesn't go up now that he's famous.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:27 AM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Can I ask you something? Do you have any buddies around you? What I would do is what we do with my truck club guys, have a "mod party".
What you do is get a few of your friends/buddies together, bring tools and whatever they want to install as well. Pick a time and place, and as a team everyone chips in to get all parts installed, and not only do you get to hang out with your buddies and drink, but you'll all get what you've been puttin off to do done!
Worked for me a bunch of times, and if I was closer, I'd be more than happy to have one at my place to get your bars installed.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:52 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by TIPN8R
Can I ask you something? Do you have any buddies around you? What I would do is what we do with my truck club guys, have a "mod party".
What you do is get a few of your friends/buddies together, bring tools and whatever they want to install as well. Pick a time and place, and as a team everyone chips in to get all parts installed, and not only do you get to hang out with your buddies and drink, but you'll all get what you've been puttin off to do done!
Worked for me a bunch of times, and if I was closer, I'd be more than happy to have one at my place to get your bars installed.

Yeah, I've just volunteered a few riding buddies to help.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:54 AM
mplecha
Stellar HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 103 Posts

DIY or be ready to pay.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:00 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

To answer the orginal question, yes it's a 4-5 hour job. If you think you can do it yourself and want to save the money, then that is the way to go.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:12 PM
wvdeluxe
5th Gear
Default Diy

Im a newbie, so I let the HD dealer do it. They raped me without "non-petroleum" lube for 8 hours labor.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:31 PM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aviscomi
Yeah, I've just volunteered a few riding buddies to help.
There you go, problem solved!

Old 08-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, after reading this thread I feel like I got the deal of the century. My Indy installed new bars with internal wiring, chrome controls and levers, and new bullet turn signals for 540.00 out the door including parts and labor. My advice to you is if you don't want to do it yourself, look for a local independent guy that is reputable and recommended. Screw the dealer. I only go there for the bike shows and the beer.

Shakey

Quick Reply: Wild 1 500 Bars install quote