Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Rocker and I are back safe and sound

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008 | 07:15 PM
DECON BLUE
Road Captain
Default Sturgis

I too went to Sturgis, about 5300 miles round trip counting the 800 miles I rode while there. Rode from Florida, about 2000 miles of it in rain, glad that I got back before the Tropical storm we just had. Looking forward to next year!!

Attached Thumbnails The Rocker and I are back safe and sound-100_0545.jpg  
Old 08-25-2008 | 07:20 PM
HDChloe
Road Captain

Sorry to hijack this thread:

2007sporster,

By your name I would assume you drive a 2007 Sporster? Whether you do or not 5300 miles is amazing!. I was just about to be impressed with so many miles being driven on a Rocker, but 5300 miles is pretty darn impressive.

Old 08-25-2008 | 08:00 PM
DECON BLUE
Road Captain

I traded the Sportster for a 2008 Train in April, just can not figure out how to change my user name. The Train is all I own, ain't owned a car in years, I ride year around and average 30000 miles a year on my bike. We rent the same house every year at Deadwood. Where you from?

Attached Thumbnails The Rocker and I are back safe and sound-100_0529.jpg  
Old 08-25-2008 | 08:45 PM
rockerheadsteve
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by superrockerc
nice...how was the ride? and 3K miles...where do you live? I'm really curious in your trip and how the bike preformed. Was it a harsh ride? was it comfortable? thanks for your help. PM me if its too much info for there...thanks
The ride wasn't bad. My butt went numb a couple of times, and I was anxious to burn some fuel to get to a gas station for a break. I was diagnosed with the spine of a 70 year old man at the age of 19, I'm now 43, so I'm usually uncomfortable anyways. We left on a Friday morning and earlier that week my back went out and i didn't think i could make it (usually takes me a week or two to get over). There were 13 of us from our church going (members of Bikers For Christ) 7 of us rode. Anyway that Wed. before we left the elders of my church anointed and laid hands on me. By God's grace it hasn't bothered me since. I could write a small book on the ride. Coolest thing i have ever done. The ride earned me a lot of respect and a new nick name after relieving the owner of a campground of his guitar. (he was a beginner, so I helped out a little) So the long ride with no complaints, pickin the guitar and riding a rocker. I'm now known as (Hardrock). The 3086 miles is from a google map. I dont think we even went that way. I'm about 11 miles from the Bristol Motor Speedway, here in the Smokey's. (East Tenn.) We stayed in Rapid City so we logged a lot of miles riding back and forth to Sturgis and all of the parks. If I could afford it, I'd do it again tomorrow. The Rocker handled like a dream. (I was the only one that didn't carry gold baum powder to the bathroom with me!)

Attached Thumbnails The Rocker and I are back safe and sound-dsc_0030_0025.jpg   The Rocker and I are back safe and sound-fh020001.jpg  
Old 08-25-2008 | 09:25 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

welcome back brother
i just came back from williamsburg,va
seen tons of scoots all the way down and back
1 rocker only of course it was red!! looked bad a$$
but not as bad as mine LOL.I will be headin up to milly wa kay
thursday w a couple of friends i feel like im cheatin cuz i live so close
anyway i look forward to putting on some mileage in 4 days cant wait
thanks for posting and sharing the truth especially the PRAISE bout yer back
later

Old 08-25-2008 | 09:47 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member

WOW, who said you can't tour on a rocker!!! And no windshield, I love it.

Old 08-26-2008 | 03:16 AM
Iccer
Advanced

Great stuff, you can cruise and you can ride it hard in the city, its a great bike and also glad you made it safley back, you gota be happy with that effort.

No bike No Sig #16 inline for rocker 09 C .

Old 08-26-2008 | 04:46 AM
mplecha
Stellar HDF Member

who needs a radio and a windshield? sounds like a great trip. Glad to hear you made it safely!

Old 08-26-2008 | 11:50 AM
DawgHamilton
Cruiser

Awesome! Can't wait to take another long trip on mine. I did 1300k round trip to Atlanta and could not be happier with the ride. No windshield but I cheated a little and wore my Harley full face helmet. Glad you made it through without a scratch.

DH

Old 08-26-2008 | 12:21 PM
bigthunder
Road Captain

thats good news

Quick Reply: The Rocker and I are back safe and sound