Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heartland kits

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 10:44 PM
GLASS
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by puckthis
when i got my bike i hated the bobbed fender. i knew i was going with the heartland ez 200. it was money well spent to make the bike look they way i wanted it to look.
I went with the 200 EZ as well, and on the stock Train Back wheel I stretched the rubber out to a 210"... Even went with the turn signal mirrors and low pro rear signals...

Last edited by GLASS; 08-12-2008 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:02 PM
GLASS
Advanced
Default Truth Be Told

I was going to buy a screaming eagle springer, but two things were Keeping me... I hate bobtails, and I couldn't see choppin up a S.E. Bike, plus, I have no garage, so I figured the least rustable ****, the better.... But I was looking at rear ends to put on a springer, and I came accross the heartland ad, saw the website, and said "That's the Bike I want"..

I think I got Pretty Close....

Old 08-12-2008, 04:25 PM
jumporjerkoff
Tourer
Thumbs up

looks real nice, but you gotta get that fender closer to the tire, will make a big diff......

Old 08-12-2008, 04:46 PM
CANTDR55
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the look but how's the ride? Do you bump up and down riding on the Fender as it moves with the swingarm? Also do you get a lot of spray up your back if you ride through water?

Old 08-12-2008, 05:03 PM
GLASS
Advanced

I wanted to put an air ride on it to slam it and not sacrifice rideability, my wallet just hasn't been fat enough for such a toy... Yes, I get sprayed, and i get rocks in my hair.... (ok, my g/f gets sprayed and gets rocks in her hair... hahaha) And why would the fender be moving with the swingarm?

Old 08-12-2008, 05:04 PM
GLASS
Advanced

Your train is pretty sick to jump, any more pics?

Old 08-12-2008, 06:25 PM
SDEUCET
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CANTDR55
I love the look but how's the ride? Do you bump up and down riding on the Fender as it moves with the swingarm?
The heartland kit just changes the fender struts and the fender. You don't ride the fender and it doesn't change it into a hardtail (another comon misconception)

Last edited by SDEUCET; 08-12-2008 at 06:26 PM. Reason: SpeLling!
Old 08-12-2008, 07:50 PM
CANTDR55
Tourer

Originally Posted by SDEUCET
The heartland kit just changes the fender struts and the fender. You don't ride the fender and it doesn't change it into a hardtail (another comon misconception)
thanks
This is starting to make sense. From looking at pics it looks like the kit turns the rear into a Rocker style with the fender moving with the swing arm. In all the shots of bikes with the kit it seems the fender was riding right down only an inch from the tire.

Now I see the whole thing in a different light.....and want one even more!

one other question, for now I'm keeping stock shocks in the rear. Do I need to adjust anything so as not to rub the tire with the new fender and struts?

thanks for the info!

Rob

Last edited by CANTDR55; 08-12-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:40 PM
GLASS
Advanced

You'll probably want to put on a lower profile tire, and lower the bike depending on how you want it to look of course..

If you go to their website you can see how the kit works, and if you want to see it in detail, ill pop my seat off and snap a pic and show you... Their site is kinda vague, they would definately do more business with a little more detailed website...

www.heartlandbiker.com

I actually want the rear seat with the sissy bar that attaches to the struts, butI can't see paying a grand for it...

Old 08-14-2008, 09:41 PM
CANTDR55
Tourer

Originally Posted by GLASS
You'll probably want to put on a lower profile tire, and lower the bike depending on how you want it to look of course..

If you go to their website you can see how the kit works, and if you want to see it in detail, ill pop my seat off and snap a pic and show you... Their site is kinda vague, they would definately do more business with a little more detailed website...

www.heartlandbiker.com

I actually want the rear seat with the sissy bar that attaches to the struts, butI can't see paying a grand for it...

Thanks for the tips. And yes next time you have your seat off I'd love a pic or two to see things in more detail. By the way does the seat bolt in from behind or on the sides of the frame?

thanks

Rob

Quick Reply: Heartland kits