Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apes on a deluxe?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006 | 06:47 PM
EK5858
|
Road Master
Default Apes on a deluxe?

Anyone got apes on a deluxe. Thinking of putting a 3" riser with some 16" apes.
Thanks, Eric

Old 03-13-2006 | 07:06 PM
Maniac
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Apes on a deluxe?

I am so close to going with apes myself. Have you seen the apes on Vegas ride? They are so clean. He is in the running for bike of the month if you need to see more pics.

Old 03-13-2006 | 07:17 PM
EK5858
|
Road Master

Those look nice. Where is the front master moved to?

Old 03-13-2006 | 07:23 PM
Maniac
Outstanding HDF Member

The front brake reservoir is integrated into the right switch housing. It even has one on the left side for a hydraulic clutch. Very nice setup, but it wasn’t cheap.

Old 03-13-2006 | 08:22 PM
haksaw
Road Master

check my pics...i have one in there with 10" bars

https://www.hdforums.com/m_197514/mpage_3/key_/tm.htm

Old 03-13-2006 | 09:51 PM
UltraScoot
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Cool Dog

The front brake reservoir is integrated into the right switch housing. It even has one on the left side for a hydraulic clutch. Very nice setup, but it wasn’t cheap.
to the tune of $2500.00 to $3000.00 [:@][:@]

but sure looks good.....

Old 03-14-2006 | 12:55 AM
KBES BAGGER
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 06deluxe_scoot

Hell with that, that money coould have been way better spent than on that, but..... to each there own. I sure as hell would not spend that on bars.

Old 03-14-2006 | 04:20 AM
Vegas FLTRI
Tourer

absolutly to each There own! some are happy staying stock, others like to cusomize and personalize. that is the beauty of Harleys, no two alike. it seems like a lot for the bars but quality costs. engine mods, paint, wheels it all costs and you get what you pay for. i'm not knocking what anyone does to their bike, we all have our own likes and dislikes, but when I am parked in a line with a hundred other bikes on a run or at a rally none of them have the same look as mine and that makes it worth evey penny spent.
ORIGINAL: KBES BAGGER

Hell with that, that money coould have been way better spent than on that, but..... to each there own. I sure as hell would not spend that on bars.

Old 03-14-2006 | 02:40 PM
Vegas FLTRI
Tourer

Cool Dog is correct. The master cylinder is in the switch housing and the reservoir is under the grip. It is the same on bother sides. Right side is front brake, left is hydraulic clutch. You can see cutout diagram on how it all works on the manufacturer’s web site. www.customcyclecontrols.com they are made here in Vegas. Regardless if you go high dollar with everything hidden like mine, or just extend your cables and add basic bars, remember there are only two types of riders, those with Apes and everyone else. I might also add that I find them a more comfortable ride as well as looking cool.
ORIGINAL: EK5858

Those look nice. Where is the front master moved to?

Old 03-15-2006 | 12:02 AM
UltraScoot
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Vegas FLSTN

absolutly to each There own! some are happy staying stock, others like to cusomize and personalize. that is the beauty of Harleys, no two alike. it seems like a lot for the bars but quality costs. engine mods, paint, wheels it all costs and you get what you pay for. i'm not knocking what anyone does to their bike, we all have our own likes and dislikes, but when I am parked in a line with a hundred other bikes on a run or at a rally none of them have the same look as mine and that makes it worth evey penny spent.
ORIGINAL: KBES BAGGER

Hey Chuck,

Dont get me wrong here, I truly love your Apes, as a matter of fact I went straight to the site you purchased from when i seen yours. I will not be going with the Apes but going with more in line of the Beach bars and for the quality the $2500.00 to $3000.00 is well worth it to me.. even set the 3K aside while i deceide which way i'm going

Quick Reply: Apes on a deluxe?