Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Pictures of DFW Rocker C

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008 | 06:37 AM
kiteman
Cruiser
Default RE: First Pictures of DFW Rocker C

Did you need to fit a new Fuel Controller with the Big Radius pipes and new air filter fitted?
&nbsp\\;
I just fitted the FXCW seat to my "C" and it looks a lot better, probably only an inch lower in height but haven't yet fitted my Ness lowering kit!!
&nbsp\\;
I also have the full pillion setup, the missus thinks it's very comfortable.........better than my WideGlide.
&nbsp\\;
cheers from Downunda

Old 07-15-2008 | 12:01 PM
DawgHamilton
Cruiser

Bike is looking great! Nice mods. What do you think of the performace before and after the stage 2?
&nbsp\\;
DH

Old 07-15-2008 | 04:15 PM
gtnot
Cruiser

Rockers should come from the factory with those big radius pipes...they look perfect

Old 07-15-2008 | 11:25 PM
ChosenDFW
|
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Ruralmed

Post some photos of your side mount plate and rear fender.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I am still trying to decide what to do with mine.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Did your OEM license plate light/bracket leak dirt down the back fender?
&nbsp\\;
I will post those pics when I get a solution for the rear fender. The Kuryakyn license plate hole cover does not fully solve the problems of the holes left when you remove the light from the rear fender. Until I find another solution, I will move the license plate to the side mount and leave the light on the rear fender.
&nbsp\\;
No, my OEM license plate did not leak dirt down the rear fender...I was moving too fast

Old 07-15-2008 | 11:31 PM
ChosenDFW
|
Tourer

ORIGINAL: kiteman

Did you need to fit a new Fuel Controller with the Big Radius pipes and new air filter fitted?
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I just fitted the FXCW seat to my "C" and it looks a lot better, probably only an inch lower in height but haven't yet fitted my Ness lowering kit!!
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I also have the full pillion setup, the missus thinks it's very comfortable.........better than my WideGlide.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
cheers from Downunda
&nbsp\\;
My original plan was to go with PCIII, but I stuck with the SERT due to the Stage II big bore kit and V&amp\\;H BR pipes. I did have to have the SERT recalibrated when I added the pipes.
&nbsp\\;
I will post pics of:
1. gap between rear fender and stock FXCWC seat
2. gap between rear fender and stock FXCW seat (installed in place of FXCWC seat)
3. gap between rear fender and stock FXCW seat w/ Arlen Ness lowering kit (1 inch)
&nbsp\\;
Again, I only weigh 165 lbs soaking wet, so I am only interested in a 2 inch reduction in the gap between the rear fender and the seat. I am keeping the "trick" seat when someone creates a better passenger seat and/or sissy bar

Old 07-15-2008 | 11:47 PM
ChosenDFW
|
Tourer

ORIGINAL: DawgHamilton

Bike is looking great! Nice mods. What do you think of the performace before and after the stage 2?
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
DH
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I first rode the Rocker at the dealers. To be honest, I didn't see anything impressive about the performance of the stock setup. I had my Rocker C ordered with the Stage II installed to avoid extended warranty issues (I know if they had been installed by authorized HD dealer after delivery, but I got a GREAT deal from The Harley-Davidson Shop in Big Springs, TX).
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I rarely got to 5th gear during the "break-in" period, but when I did - I was holding on for dear life. The bike has so much more raw power now. I still have issues with the heat and gas mileage (averaging about 41 mpg), but hoping the new pipes and SERT recalibration will take care of that!!
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I did have a 1%'er compare the Rocker to the&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Sportster 883 as the new "Bytch Bike"...changed his opinion slightly when he heard the Big City Thunder Monster baffles. But we MUST do something about the horn!!!

Old 07-15-2008 | 11:50 PM
ChosenDFW
|
Tourer

ORIGINAL: m i k e

that bike is going 100 mph just sittin there lol
&nbsp\\;
m i k e, we BOTH know Red is faster!! &nbsp\\; I love your Rocker C!!

Old 07-16-2008 | 12:16 AM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

put in another 50 or so 2day
played hooky from work from 2 till 430 ha ha
well im breakin this scoot in and ive been in 6 th gear a few times
crept up to bout 58 mph
nothin over that though breakin in is hard i wanna rip this thing
see what she's got,my dyna screams for more in 4th i can only imagine this
monster&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; DFW your scoot is sweet as well

&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-16-2008 | 01:01 AM
ChosenDFW
|
Tourer

ORIGINAL: m i k e

put in another 50 or so 2day
played hooky from work from 2 till 430 ha ha
well im breakin this scoot in and ive been in 6 th gear a few times
crept up to bout 58 mph
nothin over that though breakin in is hard i wanna rip this thing
see what she's got,my dyna screams for more in 4th i can only imagine this
monster&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; DFW your scoot is sweet as well
&nbsp\\;
I ride mine to work at least twice a week. Controlling myself on the bike is hard. It screams to be turned loose to run.
&nbsp\\;
Did you change the Torx bolts to Allen on the FXCW seat?? What was your final clearance with the new seat and slam kit??

Old 07-16-2008 | 08:23 AM
v0odoo98
Novice

Quick Reply: First Pictures of DFW Rocker C