Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Go parts direct.com experience

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 07:19 PM
RockerDave
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just realized that Parts Direct does not have any V&H pipes right now. If you call them and tell them you want to order some they will try and sell you another brand. I say we flood their phone line with calls for the V&H pipes and then tell them your not interested in another brand. If everyone calls this will bug the sh#t out of them. 1-800-220-7005

Old 09-05-2008, 07:45 PM
99embrey
Tourer

had same problem with a place called Tejas Thump Cycles. Ordered parts online. Credit card charged next day. 2 weeks of same old runaround on the phone. Still nothing. Unreturned phone calls, emails, you name it. Anyway, I cancelled credit card payment (easy to do). To make a long story short, about a month later, USPS tried to deliver the parts. I just refused delivery. I had already reordered parts from Dennis Kirk and got two days later. How do people like this stay in buisness??

Old 09-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about all your bs and dealing with a shady business at best. I actually got hooked up to this site when I ordered my pipes from pipecity. They actually told me they would not fit my rocker (bracket) but to look up a dude (Rocketman)on this forum, he was making the brackets to fit the rodcker ... that has been my only dealing with this placce but the way he explained everything i would go back.. for you guys looking for pipes they are worth a visit.. didnt mean to hijack thread... rock on

Old 09-10-2008, 09:57 AM
ravnwood
Novice
Default Out of business?

Originally Posted by RockerDave
I just realized that Parts Direct does not have any V&H pipes right now. If you call them and tell them you want to order some they will try and sell you another brand. I say we flood their phone line with calls for the V&H pipes and then tell them your not interested in another brand. If everyone calls this will bug the sh#t out of them. 1-800-220-7005
I tried calling them yesterday on an unrelated matter and got no answer. Same thing today. Now I notice that their site is gone. (not down, gone).

My guess is that they folded.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:21 PM
badgpd
3rd Gear

BERT...I hope you read this...He who laughs last, laughs best.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:12 AM
FL DEUCE
Road Master

Originally Posted by badgpd
BERT...I hope you read this...He who laughs last, laughs best.
Bye Bye bertie.......

Old 09-11-2008, 05:39 AM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

http://www.gopartsdirect.com/

Another vendor gone bye-bye.....

Old 09-11-2008, 05:02 PM
badgpd
3rd Gear

Here's an update:

The owner to Parts Direct is Leo...I'll release the last name later. Here's the fun part.

Leo, send me the part I ordered, if not, I will find out where your hiding. Now, you have no idea who I am, and you must owe alot of people. Good luck on guessing which part to ship.

See ya LEO

Old 09-11-2008, 06:04 PM
FL DEUCE
Road Master

Is there a bounty on Leo?

Old 09-11-2008, 06:35 PM
gaffney
Advanced

Damn! I'm certainly glad I didn't order my V&H through their site. I was going to until I found that Dennis Kirk (http://www.denniskirk.com/) had them cheaper. I order pipes, my K&N filter kit, and FuelPak at the same time. I had everything to my door in 4 days using their standard shipping.

I'm sorry to read about these horror stories.

Quick Reply: Go parts direct.com experience