Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hog membership?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 09:42 PM
hog tied
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hog membership?

just wanna know what you guys have to ya about hog? i got my 1st membership with my new bike and it seems ok but ... let here what you guys got to say about it??

Old 03-07-2006, 10:07 PM
100yrfatboy
Road Captain
Default RE: hog membership?

You will get as much out of being a Hog member as you want or choose to put into it. When I got my 1st Harley almost 3 years ago. I didn't have anyone to ride with, but I had been wanting a HD for so long. I started going to local meetings. Our dealer gives you 1 year local membership with a new bike also. I went to a few meetings and started riding with the club. I started getting involved to the degree that when the position became available I was made Head Road Captain. I have been reelected and I am very involved in all of the club workings. I have made many friends and gotten to go places I never would have known to go. It is sort of like this forum. You have a reason to interact, hang out and ride with a bunch of people who you have this terrific lifestyle in common with. That's why I have become a life member.

Old 03-07-2006, 10:21 PM
liltrk
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

hog tied I see you are from Canada. I got a discount on my insurance with my HOG membership. Discount was more than the membership, so why not? Company is called Riders Plus. Might be worth a call.

Old 03-07-2006, 11:48 PM
hog tied
Advanced

yup.. i`m canadian eh!.. but i`m in BC and no discount here . even to put a alarm on it saves me 5 bucks a year.. i`m not putting the hog group down at all. i just don`t see alot it does for me. there`s not alot of rallies around my area. but i lov the books i get. i like the idea of meeting new people to ride with but i find i lov to ride by myself..i find at my local dealer i meet lots of people. just wanna no everone`s pro`s and cons about this

Old 03-08-2006, 12:39 AM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im gonna let my membership expire. There are 2 very good hog clubs close to me. And they do a lot of stuff. But I prefer to ride alone mostly too ,at my own pace and go and stop when whereever I feels like it. Other than the friendship I really dont see much bennifit of the hog club.

Old 03-08-2006, 12:50 AM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 176 Likes on 88 Posts

I believe I got a discount on my insurance for being a HOG member. I know they (Foremost Insurance) wanted my HOG membership number. I re-upped just in case. $217 for a whole years of insurance is a premium I don't want to lose.

Old 03-08-2006, 08:50 AM
Reino
Ultimate HDF Member

just posted this on another thread, happy reading then make up your mind.

https://www.hdforums.com/fb.asp?m=28...g%2Cmembership

Old 03-08-2006, 10:08 AM
fatheadonsoftail
Cruiser

You also get free basic road service for a year and don't forget the Free Pins at all the rally pin stops!

Old 03-08-2006, 11:46 AM
haksaw
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

100yrfatboy, I'm sure you know this, but HOG is not a "club"

I'd rather ride alone or with friends than with a bunch of newbies. Riding in a pack isn't fun if you can't trust or don't even know who you're riding with. I think HOG is more about posing at the coffee shop with your 'colors' than riding anyway. (that and paying the moco more money to advertise for them)

I know there may some real riders in the group but from what i've seen they're mostly wkd warriors. This is not aimed at anyone in this group.....just some observations from my experience. MHO

The following users liked this post:
bikefxds (01-27-2020)
Old 03-08-2006, 12:09 PM
SoftailBrian
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

I understand what your saying, but remember everyone starts somewhere. Some newbies have been riding for years, just not on Harleys.

Quick Reply: hog membership?