Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cb radio on a heritage

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 10:55 PM
meccariello
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default cb radio on a heritage

hey gang... got question for the techie types...

i am thinking of putting a cb radio (for long range communication while out on the open road... its nice to yap with folks while on a long empty road) on my 08 heritage somehow. i dont like the handlebar mounts. i was thinking of doing it like on a touring bike...permanantly mounted in the bike with voice operated headset in my helmet

has anyone seen this done? a standard little cb radio is a lot smaller than a kleenex box. there has to be a way to mount it, and then attach a voice activated headset.

pictures, suggestions, etc etc would be helpful

Old 09-14-2008, 08:55 PM
flharleycop
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default try a cobra

Originally Posted by meccariello
hey gang... got question for the techie types...

i am thinking of putting a cb radio (for long range communication while out on the open road... its nice to yap with folks while on a long empty road) on my 08 heritage somehow. i dont like the handlebar mounts. i was thinking of doing it like on a touring bike...permanantly mounted in the bike with voice operated headset in my helmet

has anyone seen this done? a standard little cb radio is a lot smaller than a kleenex box. there has to be a way to mount it, and then attach a voice activated headset.

pictures, suggestions, etc etc would be helpful

Cobra now has a blue tooth radio, you may want to look at that and see if that will work out. They also have a small mike with the whole radio in it, not sure how much volume there would be but that is a place to start.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:03 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have this one on my Heritage:
http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=24

I can get good reception out to around 3 miles w/ 2ft antenna. Came in handy on my trip to the Cabot Trail. It also has an ipod connector.

I use it with a J&M helmet headset. Bluetooth is way too pricey right now. Hopefully down the road price will get more reasonable.

Got mine from Sieraelectronics. Good prices and service.